Perched in Alston, Cumbria in an area of outstanding natural beauty in the North Pennines, Lovelady Shield Cottages is in the vicinity of Killhope Lead Mining Museum and within the region of Allendale Forge Studios and Heritage Centre. While enjoying your staycation in Lovelady Shield Cottages, you’ll have peace and comfort in a quiet area and great location with all the greenery view of the surrounding area.
Lovelady Shield Cottages is ideally located 35 minutes from Stanhope Station (Train Station), and the nearest airport to Lovelady Shield Cottages is Newcastle International Airport being 1 hour and 5 minutes away, perfect for business travellers with any intentions coming to stay in Alston. Carlisle Lake District Airport is a 50-minute drive from Lovelady Shield Cottages, and South Tynedale Railway can be easily accessed by car.
The Pennine Way runs through the town as does the “C2C” (Coast to coast) cycle route. The road links are good being in the centre of the north and you can be in most major town and cities to the East and West in around an hour. Meanwhile, you can take a visit to Carlisle via A6 in less than an hour in the West of Lovelady Shield Cottages, and it takes an hour and 10 minutes to reach Durham in the East of the cottage.
- Newcastle International Airport 31 miles
- Bardon Mill 22.5 miles
- Security deposit's required
- Pet Deposit: No pets allowed
- Minimum stay: 1 night
- Car parking: External car parking
- Fans in Apartment
- Central heating
- ASAP accredited
- Pet Departure Clean: No pets allowed
- Wireless public internet
- Wooden flooring
- Pet policy: No Pets Allowed
- Maid services: Once a week
- Toilet roll replenished (with 2 per week)
- Chest of drawers
- Bathtub or Shower
- 2nd Zip and link beds
- Hair dryer
- Bath Towels (2 per guest)
- Bathroom amenities (soap, shampoo, etc)
- Wi-Fi: Complimentary
- Flat screen televisions
- Television: Flat Screen up to 32 inch
- Dining table and chairs
- Clothing rack
- Fridge freezer type: Small Fridge (Fridge Freezer)
- Washing up liquid
- Oven: Oven
- Iron and ironing board
- Sofa bed
- Chopping board
- Cleaning supplies
- Coffee table
- Salt and pepper
- Desk to work from
- Kitchen type: Fully equipped Kitchen
- Knife block
- Recyclying facilities
- Energy efficient settings for appliances
- Fire certificates
- Electrronic (card, key, smart phone. etc) access
- Smoke Detectors / Alarms
- Carbon Monoxide detector
- Electrical safety check
- All apartment room keys are kept in a secured location
The rooms of the elegant and modern Lovelady Shield Cottages have an array of amenities, including coffee makers, ironing boards, and desks, plus tea and coffee making facilities. Guests can expect to find flat-screen TVs providing exceptional comfort and convenience, and they can go online with free internet access. Bathrooms offer hair dryers, separate bathtubs, and free complimentary toiletries.
If you are driving to Lovelady Shield Country House Cottages, free parking is available, and pets are allowed for £20 per pet per night.
- 48 hours notice is required to cancel your booking prior to arrival.
- This is for all lengths of stay in order to avoid charges.
- For guest in house 24 hours notice is required to shorten or extend their stay/booking.
- All cancellations or extension requests must be made in writing via email.Group Bookings cancellation policy may vary.
All of our serviced apartments undergo a thorough quality check to make sure that everything is of the highest standard. This means modern facilities, secure buildings, crisp white linen,five star amenities and an on call service team that are available 24/7.community, exclusive resident events and a host of discounts from local businesses.
We operate in accordance with the Disability Discrimination Act 1995 and the Equality Act 2010 and, as such, we encourage all prospective guests to talk to us about any specialaccommodation requirements they may have.