< Back to all posts

Attractions in Kowloon and Causeway Bay

A

I have plans to visit Hong Kong for a work trip of about two weeks. Though my schedule is a bit tight, but I am interested in making this a business plus leisure trip. It would be great if I could catch some of the attractions in Kowloon and Causeway Bay. Does any one know of any good ones?

7 answers
R
Best Answer upvote    1   
Hi Albert,

Please find the main attractions in Hong Kong which are most recommended:

1. Ride the tram up Victoria Peak for an awesome night view of the city
2. Visit the famous Madame Tussauds Wax Museum @ Victoria Peak for some wacky selfies
3. Travel to Central aboard the Star Ferry from Tsim Sha Tsui
4. Enjoy the enchanting night view of Victoria Harbour
5. Embark on an epic culinary adventure
6. Explore the busy tourist district of Mong Kok
7. Throng the various local markets in search of a bargain
8. Go Temple Hopping
A
upvote    0   
Hi Rajan. Thanks for the answer. Your ideas look promising!
A
upvote    0   
Hey Albert. The Sky100 observation deck is the first that crosses my mind when I think of Kowloon. The International Commerce Centre is famous because of it. The Hung Hom area is dotted with the gladdest of tourist attractions. The Tsim Sha Tsui promenade, the Clock Tower, the 3D museum, the Hong Kong Museum of History, Science Museum, and if you travel towards the Salisbury road you can enjoy the Avenue of Stars, Garden of Stars and the laser light and music show called the Symphony of Lights. Have a great trip. 
J
upvote    0   
Hi Albert.
I am just heading back home from my trip to Hong Kong. I stayed at Causeway Bay and I had the same dilemma you have, but I pre-planned most of my work visits to coincide with some of the popular sights in the area. It became a bit easier to combine work and some fun.
So the places I picked up for my week long stay were the Victoria Park. Most of the public throngs the park in mornings and evenings. The Tai Chi sessions are enjoyable and relaxing. It is the largest park in all of Hong Kong.
Avenue of Stars is another popular tourist spot I managed to visit, it’s a nice scenic spot along the Kowloon Bay area in Tsim Sha Tsui. Bruce Lee’s Bronze statue along with the handprints of famous stars attracts your attention.
The Golden Bauhinia Square is a pretty picturesque spot. It’s near the Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition centre.
T
upvote    0   
Hey Albert, Hong Kong is a great city. I have been frequenting Hong Kong for quite some time now. It’s a trip every few months for me. If you get the time, there are a few other added attractions in Hong Kong that might interest you. Tsim Sha Tsui Promenade is a beautiful sight lining the Victoria Harbour bay and perfect for an evening stroll. Victoria Peak is a great vantage point to gain picturesque views all over Hong Kong. Located on the Pearl River, the Lantau Island is the largest island of HLK and is a favourite hiking spot and is also home to the grand bronze statue of the Tian Tan Buddha. Poh Lin Monastery is another favourite tourist sight on the island. Victoria Harbour is a frequent tourist spot with the symphony of light show that happens here every night.
L
upvote    0   
I feel a night time visit to all tourist attractions suits all business travellers. When I was in Hong Kong 4 months back, I visited a lot of sights in Causeway and Kowloon. The Symphony of Lights with the play of neon laser lights and sound show at the 44 buildings lining the harbour bay is magical; the Salisbury Gardens look stunning at night; Tsim Sha Tsui East Waterfront Podium Garden is home to the ‘Garden of Stars’-that’s the Avenue of Stars; the Lin Fa temple of the Goddess of Mercy in Causeway Bay is a typical traditional Chinese temple with its curved octagonal roof; Hong Kong Cultural Centre is a walking distance from the Hong Kong Museum of Arts. It’s a concert hall adjacent to the Victoria Harbour. The Clock Tower-the 103 year old declared monument is a stunning sight at night. The Tsim Sha Tsui promenade as a backdrop compliments it beautifully. Both the sights looks amazing and add to it the views of the Kowloon Bay and you have the perfect spot to just stand there and soak in all the peaceful vibe of the waterfront.
L
upvote    0   
Hey, I know what you mean. I have been there. A work trip to another city could prove exhausting particularly if you don’t get time to see some of the beautiful sights in the area. I generally follow this simple rule of planning my work meetings around the tourist attractions. So, it’s like having the best of both worlds-work and leisure. Another, trick is to keep my business meeting during the day and keep the evenings free for a night time stroll or a night tour. I have even tried one of those pub crawls. At the end of the day everything is workable if it is  planned well
Login/Sign up to comment here.
< Back to all posts