< Back to all posts

Attractions near Belgravia, Kensington and Chelsea

R

I’ll be travelling to London later this year on a work assignment and I thinking of staying in either of these locations: Belgravia, Kensington or Chelsea. Can anyone suggest any popular attractions near Belgravia, Kensington and Chelsea?

3 answers
J
upvote    0   
Hi. There are plenty of popular sites in Belgravia. Buckingham Palace is on the top of the list. Hyde Park comes next. One of the 8 Royal Parks of London, it is a luscious green beauty. You can enjoy the Royal art collection at the Queen’s Gallery in Buckingham Palace. Belgravia Gallery is an art lover’s delight. It houses the one of the greatest of collections from great artists like Picasso, Monet and Rembrandt.
There are many worthy attractions in Kensington as well. The Serpentine Gallery is a great place for exploring art and exhibitions. Natural History museum is another fav among tourists. 18 Stafford House is a well preserved 18th century victorian house open to public visits. The Science Museum, the Leighton House Museum, the Japan House and the Museum of architecture are other popular attractions in the area.
L
upvote    0   
All three locations are great for a work trip to London. Since, I was put up in Chelsea, I can guide you to the popular sites in and around the neighbourhood. London, like any other European city, is synonymous with everything related to art, history and culture. So, expect museums, art galleries and architectural marvels everywhere you go in London.
Galleries: Some of the renowned attractions in Chelsea are Saatchi Gallery, which has a great collection of contemporary art.
Parks and gardens:
The Physic Gardens are the most beautiful botanical gardens in the area.
Restaurants and bars: Duke of York is the place to get both a good bite and to shop. One of the top places for aged beef accompanied with cocktails, is Hawksmoor Knightsbridge restaurant. Another great find is the Phene. It’s an old English pub with a 165 year old history.
Museum: The National Army Museum and the Royal Hospital Museum are fascinating visits around Chelsea.
Places: Sloane Square is another spot you could visit. Famous for the Royal Theatre, the War Memorial and the Venus Fountain it is very popular.
A
upvote    0   
Here’s a short and crisp area guide to Belgravia for you. For shopping you can head to Sloane Street. The place is overflowing with designer boutiques and fancy stores. The Royal Court Theatre is best suited for an elegant theatre experience. Visit the Poilane bakery on Elizabeth Street. Enjoy some art at Ebury Galleries. The Punchbowl and Thomas Cubitt are great places for an evening time pub experience.
Login/Sign up to comment here.
< Back to all posts
Latest Offers

Latest Offers

Enjoy 20% off on selected London
apartments when you book between
January - March 2019

Use Code - LONDON20

Book Now

We’ve entered Tokyo.
Book your next stay in our
NEW Tokyo apartments and