< Back to all posts

Berlin Pass or Welcome Card : Which one is worth buying?

W

My husband and I will be in Berlin for 5 days in late July. Mostly we will rely on public transportation to get around. We are looking for various tourist discount attraction passes available. I am bit confused which one to buy Welcome Card or Berlin Pass. Can anyone recommend which card will be more useful? Thanks for any advice!

3 answers
Best Answer upvote    1    Hi, for me, Welcome Pass was more convenient as we stayed in Berlin for 4 days. We customised our card only included the transportation pass. Children up to 6 years of age can travel for free. So it was quite decent deal for us!
upvote    0    Hey Wendy, the Berlin Pass is more expensive than the Welcome Pass but it covers most famous museums, as well as several top attractions. Get free entrance to 45 of Berlin’s best museums and 9 attractions including Madame Tussauds. It also includes free tours on 24-hour open-top bus, a bike tour, a segway tour and river cruise and a guide book. Whereas Welcome Card is more of a customized card for the traveller who doesn’t want to miss anything – including museums, restaurants, theatres, Berlin Zoo and the Legoland Discovery Centre. Also, the card includes the ticket for public transport- U-Bahn (underground or subway), S-Bahn (elevated express trains, buses, night buses and ferries. Basically, it covers all forms of public transport. Opting for a Welcome Card, you can get it customized as per the no. of days you want to stay in Berlin.
upvote    0    Hello! I have been to Berlin a few months back. We opted for the Welcome Pass as I found it more convenient and budget friendly. If you're into museums the 3 days Museum Pass is the better deal. Covering 45 museums in Berlin. Public transport was however not included in our pass.
Login/Sign up to comment here.
< Back to all posts
Latest Offers

Latest Offers

Enjoy 20% off on selected London
apartments when you book between
January - March 2019

Use Code - LONDON20

Book Now

We’ve entered Tokyo.
Book your next stay in our
NEW Tokyo apartments and