< Back to all posts

Best and Fastest mode of Transport in San Francisco

D

Hello people! My name is Diana Theron and I am visiting SFO for 2 weeks for an art project that I am working on. I have chosen to stay at one of thesqua.re serviced apartments in Union Square and was wondering what would be the best option to travel around SFO. I haven’t got a clue about the same, but a few told me of the BART and MUNI. Can someone advise on the available modes of transport? Thanks

3 answers
P
Best Answer upvote    1    Dear Diana, Thank you for using our Forum.Below is some suggestions of transport in San Francisco. BART BART rapid rail is a fast and inexpensive way to get from SFO to San Francisco. After picking up your luggage, look for signs for AirTrain, the free tram service. Take either the Red or Blue AirTrain line to the Garage G and BART stop in the International Terminal. Hop on the BART train going towards Pittsburg/Baypoint, signified by the yellow line on the BART map. BART costs are associated with how far you travel; the greater the distance, the higher the fare. A round-trip BART fare from SFO to downtown San Francisco is $17.90 ($8.95 one-way). Buy your ticket and pass through the gates by slipping your ticket through the turnstyle. You'll have to scan your ticket again when you arrive at your destination. Don’t worry if you run out of funds when you exit. You can always add more inside the station. You can also purchase a BART SFO Voucher in advance to save time. The $20 voucher has enough value for a round-trip BART ride from SFO to downtown San Francisco, downtown Oakland or downtown Berkeley, plus a small balance you can apply toward another ride on the BART system. SFO trains arrive and depart three to four times per hour until 11:50 p.m. daily. The ride to downtown San Francisco takes about 30 minutes. All BART services resume at 4 a.m. on weekdays, 6 a.m. on Saturdays, and 8 a.m. on Sundays.
P
upvote    0    Ride-Sharing Apps With app-based transportation services, including Lyft, you can arrange to ride with drivers using their personal, non-commercial vehicles via smartphone. These services pick up passengers at the curb on the Departures/Ticketing Level of all terminals. Fares and travel times vary according to demand and traffic, but it typically takes 30 minutes and costs $30-40 to get from SFO to popular a San Francisco neighborhoods like Union Square. Shared Van & Shuttle Service Several privately-owned, shared-ride vans provide service between SFO and passenger-specified locations. The one-way rate from SFO to the city center is approximately $17. Depending on the number of passengers, shared ride vans may make multiple stops, so the travel time can vary from 35-90 minutes. In the Domestic Terminals, shuttles pick up passengers curbside on the Arrivals Level terminal. In the International Terminal, passenger pick-up is on the Arrivals Level roadway center island.
P
upvote    0    Taxis & Limousines SFO is served by a number of taxi and limousine companies. Taxis depart from roadway islands on the lower level outside the Arrivals/Baggage Claims area in all terminals. Uniformed taxi coordinators work from 7 a.m. until 1 a.m. to ensure a smooth process for travelers. All cabs are metered. The travel time to popular drop-off points in downtown San Francisco is usually around 30 minutes (depending on traffic) and fares range from $45-60. For a limousine, arrange service in advance with your company of choice or upon arrival via the Lodging, Transportation and Attraction Boards, which provide free phone connections to participating limousine operators. These boards are located on the Arrivals/Baggage Claim Level of all terminals. Contact the service provider for pricing and availability. SamTrans Buses The San Mateo County Transit Agency (SamTrans) runs public buses between SFO and downtown San Francisco’s Transbay Center on the KX, 292, 397 and 398 lines for $2-$5 one-way for adults. Find SamTrans bus stops in the following locations at each terminal: Terminal 2: Arrivals/Baggage Claim Level, center island adjacent to Courtyard 2. Terminal 3: Arrivals/Baggage Claim Level, curbside adjacent to Courtyard 4. International Terminal: Level 1 at Courtyard A and curbside adjacent to Courtyard G.
Login/Sign up to comment here.
< Back to all posts
Latest Offers

Latest Offers

Enjoy 20% off on selected London
apartments when you book between
January - March 2019

Use Code - LONDON20

Book Now

We’ve entered Tokyo.
Book your next stay in our
NEW Tokyo apartments and