< Back to all posts
R

Where can I exchange money in Hong Kong? Came here a week ago and changed some of my cash at the airport when I arrived. Please do let me know as it is urgent.

5 answers
I
upvote    0   
Hi, where are you staying? I am in Tsim Sha Tsui and there are a few good ones here at the Mirador Mansions. You could also try to find a ‘Western Union’ in your area. Hope this helps!
L
upvote    0   
If you are somewhere in Kowloon, please check at the Chung King mansion. Do have a look around and find the best competitive rates possible. Rather than rushing to the very first money changer you find in front of you, look around a bit more. I am sure it will help.
F
upvote    0   
Hey, you changed money at the airport? I hope the rates at some of the renowned money exchange companies there weren’t too high. Hope it went okay for you.
R
upvote    0   
What sort of currency do you wish to exchange? Is it USD? I am listing some of the best money exchange agencies here in different parts of Hong Kong, this way you can find the area closer to where you are staying. I am sure this will work out for you.
Causeway Bay: you can find some currency exchangers at Hennessy and Lockhart. Do check the rates first. There are a few at King’s road, Wan Chai and the Mass transit Railways.
Tsim Sha Tsui: Chung King is by far the best in terms of money exchange rates. The King Shing I have heard has the best rates. Other good ones are the 7 Stars, and the Pacific Exchange. Most of these agencies have the same rates.
The Hankow commercial centre is another great place with a lot of money changers settled there. A few good ones are the UAE exchange, United and GCC.
Kowloon: Mongkok has many currency changers available like Dai Hang, Fung Kee, monex etc.
Central District: you can find a lot of money changers near the Central station and the Cleverly Street like the UAE exchange, the T.Silver, the Berlin Company etc.
A
upvote    0   
As a general rule you can always find the best money changers near famous tourist areas and the commercial districts. Because of the crowd there the rates are competitive and reasonable. Better than some of the high-end money changing agencies for sure.
Login/Sign up to comment here.
< Back to all posts