< Back to all posts

Hong Kong Uber vs public transport?

C

Carl

I plan on travelling extensively within the busiest parts of Hong Kong during my 5-day trip to the area. I’m trying to figure out if its more financially viable and faster to use public transport or hire an Uber? Any advice is much appreciated.

1 answer
F

Fiona

Best Answer upvote    1    Hi Carl, I would more than happy to help you here ! MTR’, it is clean, fast and safe, and transports around four million people daily, comes in every 3-minutes and will give you access to almost all the attractions. Uber is also an option however MTR will be cheap and quickest way. Also, as you are one time traveler in Hong Kong, Octopus Card (www.octopuscards.com) A rechargeable smart card valid on the MTR and most forms of public transport. It also allows you to make purchases at retail outlets across the territory (such as convenience stores and supermarkets). The card costs HK$150 (HK$70 for children and seniors), which includes a HK$50 refundable deposit and HK$100 worth of travel. Octopus fares are about 5% cheaper than ordinary fares on the MTR. You can buy one and recharge at any MTR station. Hope it helps !
Login/Sign up to comment here.
< Back to all posts
Latest Offers

Latest Offers

Enjoy 20% off on selected London
apartments when you book between
January - March 2019

Use Code - LONDON20

Book Now

The Cherry Blossom Festival isn’t far away. Get your accommodation booked early and enjoy 10% off selected apartments in Tokyo.

Use Code - JAPAN10

Book Now

Receive 10% off on selected
Singapore serviced apartments.

Use Code - EXCLUSIVE10

Book Now
*terms & conditions apply