forum

Engage with our community, ask questions and share tips

back    Back to all posts
C

Carl

|   

I plan on travelling extensively within the busiest parts of Hong Kong during my 5-day trip to the area. I’m trying to figure out if its more financially viable and faster to use public transport or hire an Uber? Any advice is much appreciated.

1 answer
F

Fiona    |   

Best Answer 1       Hi Carl, I would more than happy to help you here ! MTR’, it is clean, fast and safe, and transports around four million people daily, comes in every 3-minutes and will give you access to almost all the attractions. Uber is also an option however MTR will be cheap and quickest way. Also, as you are one time traveler in Hong Kong, Octopus Card (www.octopuscards.com) A rechargeable smart card valid on the MTR and most forms of public transport. It also allows you to make purchases at retail outlets across the territory (such as convenience stores and supermarkets). The card costs HK$150 (HK$70 for children and seniors), which includes a HK$50 refundable deposit and HK$100 worth of travel. Octopus fares are about 5% cheaper than ordinary fares on the MTR. You can buy one and recharge at any MTR station. Hope it helps !
Login/Sign up to comment here.
Schedule a call back in your preferred language with our reservations team.
callback