forum

Engage with our community, ask questions and share tips

back    Back to all posts
C

Chris

|   

I will be travelling to London from Ireland for a three week work trip. I will be staying at Aldgate east. What is it like staying at Aldgate?

3 answers
H

Harper    |   

Hi. Aldgate is a great neighbourhood in Central London. It’s is right next to the business hubs of Shoreditch and Canary Wharf. It is because of its strategic location to the financial and business districts that it is one of the favoured places to stay in London.
M

Martin    |   

Hey, Chris I have been living in Aldgate for a while now. I like it here and I am sure you will feel the same once you are here. I am briefing up the pros of living here for your convenience:
Food & restaurants-plenty of good restaurants here. Go for Pizza Union, Fora, Yuu, and Band of Burgers.
Parks & recreation-a day out in Aldgate is a great idea. The Hyde Park, Potter’s Fields Gardens, Postman’s Park, and Allen gardens will serve the purpose well.
Landmarks & historic icons-some unmissable architectural icons are the Gherkin, the Walkie Talkie with its beautiful Sky Gardens, Lloyd’s building, Leadenhall Building, All Hallows Church.
Let me know if you wish to know anything else.
M

Matt    |   

Hey there. Just adding a couple of more pointers here for you.
Shopping is always an adventure, I believe. Your shopping needs will be taken care of at the Spitalfields market, the Leadenhall Market and the Brick Lane.
The place is buzzing with great restaurants, pubs, bars and clubs. Check out Zengi, Mattarello, Chicago Rib Shack, Bari Bari, Cirilo Noodle Bar & Grill.
The theatre and art scene is great in Aldgate. It is an added advantage for those of us who love a bit of drama. The Curzon cinemas is a popular place for cine lovers. For an exclusive theatre experience the Wilton’s, the ACE(Aldgate Community Events) and the Rag Factory will suit you best.
P.S. Watch out for the ‘Twelfth Night’ by William Shakespeare. It’s going to be a great lineup of performances in September.
Login/Sign up to comment here.
× Schedule a call back with our reservations team.
callback
Latest Offers

Latest Offers

Receive 10% off on selected
Singapore serviced apartments.

Use Code - EXCLUSIVE10

Book Now

Book your Easter trip now and enjoy 20% off on selected apartments in all locations.

Use Code - EASTER20

Book Now
*terms & conditions apply