< Back to all posts
L

Hi, I'm a big fan of theater and currently staying in Aldgate with thesqua.re, can a local please suggest good theaters and plays I could go for maybe? I've heard great things but don't know where to start!

2 answers
R
upvote    0    Hi! I'm Ross and I handle the majority of written content at thesqua.re. Thank you for your question! I think it's all down to what you want to watch - for something classic then King Lear is currently on show at the Old Vic (SE1), a great musical number celebrating Carole King is being showcased at Aldwych Theatre (WC2B) or if you want to take in a blockbuster, then The Lion King is a great show to see at the Lyceum Theatre (WC2E) - just be sure to book tickets as they are VERY popular!
E
upvote    0   

Aldgate is in close proximity to some wonderful theatres. Here are the must-visit venues:

• Barbican Theatre: A newer theatre with several balconies and with comfortable orchestra seats and a modern, excellent sound system.
  • Shakespeare’s Globe Theatre: open air, with a stage made completely of wood. Go for a production or go for a tour, either way, this is a must visit theatre not too far from Aldgate.
  • Wilton’s Music Hall: Located in Whitechapel, this is a great live music venue that has regained popularity in the last couple of years. It was first established in the mid-1700s, and is today known as the oldest music hall in the world. There is also an upstairs cocktail bar which serves a great selection of craft beers.
  • Unicorn Theatre: this is a must visit theatre in London bridge that is aimed especially at youngsters. There is a great sound system, spacious seating and a convenient location not far from Aldgate.
Login/Sign up to comment here.
< Back to all posts