forum

Engage with our community, ask questions and share tips

back    Back to all posts
C

Conall

|   

Hey y’all! I have been planning a short trip to Netherlands, could anyone of you hand out a few tips about the best city to visit in Netherlands?

4 answers
P

Praveen    |   

Hi Canall,
No visit is complete without a visit to the capital city, Amsterdam,however, there are so many more thrilling sites to see in the Netherlands. From the classic windmills and magnificent fields of flowers to historic town centers laden with museums and sights, Holland has much to offer visitors. These places to visit in the Netherlands are not to be missed, and most are easily accessible.
Amsterdam
Gouda
Rotterdam
Haarlem
Maastricht
The Hague

C

Conall    |   

Thanks Praveen for the prompt answer. I appreciate it.
L

Lily    |   

Hey Conall.
Amsterdam being one of the most visited place in Netherlands, often masks other great cities that are equally visit worthy. I will suggest these three cities apart from Amsterdam: 
Rotterdam is known for its brilliant architecture and a mix of historical as well as modern icons. The Erasmusbrug bridge or the Swan bridge is the second largest one in Netherlands and makes for a pretty sight for the locals.
Hague is all about 16th century architecture, sea beaches and festivals. Not to miss its political persona which really mean the seat of the Dutch Parliament, the 16th century Noordeinde Palace, and UN’s International Court of Justice.
S

Sophia    |   

It’s Amsterdam hands down-The merchant city of Netherlands. Though, I agree with Lily there. There are other great cities in Netherlands that should find a place in your itinerary and they should not be missed.
Amsterdam is known for its picturesque cycling boulevards and the long stretch of never ending canals. If you are interested in exploring Netherland’s history go and visit the beautiful Dutch castles- the Royal Palace, Amsterdam Castle, and the Sypesteyn.
The museums are a favourite too: the Riijksmuseum, Van Gogh museum, Anne Frank house are the best to explore the history of the city.
The Dam Square is another 17th century gem worth getting acquainted with because of its notable history and proximity to the Royal Palace.
Login/Sign up to comment here.
Schedule a call back in your preferred language with our reservations team.
callback