forum

Engage with our community, ask questions and share tips

back    Back to all posts
J

Jhon

|   

Ningbo is a city in China. I really want to know about Ningbo. This is why I asked you this question. If you can help me, I will be very happy. Thank you

2 answers

Trang    |   

Hello Jhon,

Below are some of the information I can share with you regarding the Chinese Spring Festival in Ningbo:
- Writing Spring Festival couplets and drawing red peonies were the activity's two main highlights.
- We can't forget about the delicious local cuisine, such as steamed rice buns, dumplings, rice cakes and New Year's cakes of Ningbo city, which are made from milled late medium to short-grain nonglutinous rice.
- Spring Festival or Chinese New Year is all about family gathering, which is similar to Christmas in the West. People from everywhere will return to their hometown and spend quality time with their family.
- Not just in Ningbo but the rest of China and in some other countries that celebrate this occasion, there is a custom of giving lucky money to old people and the children to wish them a good year.
- People also go to shrines and temples to pray for a good year.

This is all I know. If anybody else has more info, please share with us.

Trang    |   

Hello Jhon,

Below are some of the information I can share with you regarding the Chinese Spring Festival in Ningbo:
- Writing Spring Festival couplets and drawing red peonies were the activity's two main highlights.
- We can't forget about the delicious local cuisine, such as steamed rice buns, dumplings, rice cakes and New Year's cakes of Ningbo city, which are made from milled late medium to short-grain nonglutinous rice.
- Spring Festival or Chinese New Year is all about family gathering, which is similar to Christmas in the West. People from everywhere will return to their hometown and spend quality time with their family.
- Not just in Ningbo but the rest of China and in some other countries that celebrate this occasion, there is a custom of giving lucky money to old people and the children to wish them a good year.
- People also go to shrines and temples to pray for a good year.

This is all I know. If anybody else has more info, please share with us.
Login/Sign up to comment here.
× Schedule a call back with our reservations team.
callback

Latest Offers

The Cricket World Cup is nearly here! Use code CWC19 to get 1 night free on bookings over 28 nights. Hurry, offer ends 30th May.

Book Now

*terms & conditions apply