This villa has breathtaking views of Lake Como. To capture the spirit of the place, Sig. Fossati, an important Milanese industrialist and post-war owner of the villa, decided to entrust its design to the architects of Domus. It took two years of clever engineering and hard work to build the three-storey building, inspired by the famous Italian architect Gio Ponti. The similarity to a ship, desired by the then owner, is clearly visible in both the curved living areas and the angular cubes of the sleeping area, joined by a wonderful central spiral staircase.
The 180° views, of what many consider to be the most beautiful lake in the world, will remain forever etched in your memory.
- Lierna 13 miles
- Security deposit's required
- Pet Deposit: No pets allowed
- Central heating
- Wooden flooring
- Car parking: Internal car parking
- Private garden
- Walk on Balcony
- Pet Departure Clean: No pets allowed
- Rooftop Terrace
- Tenancy agreement required
- Welcome pack: Small Welcome Pack on arrival
- Maid services: Twice a week
- Minimum stay: 7 nights
- Pet policy: No Pets Allowed
- Pen & note pad
- En-suite bathrooms
- Toilet roll replenished (with 2 per week)
- Chest of drawers
- Bedside table
- Towel rail: Towel Rail
- Extra linens, blankets, and pillows
- Cots or cribs: Cot or crib (included)
- Alarm clock
- Make up mirror
- Hair dryer
- Safe big enough for a 16 inch laptop
- Anti allergy bedding
- Bath Towels (2 per guest)
- Bathroom amenities (soap, shampoo, etc)
- Bathtub or Shower
- Wi-Fi: Complimentary
- DVD player
- Direct dial telephone
- Television package: Cable
- Television: Flat Screen up to 32 inch
- Instruction manual for appliances
- Flat screen televisions
- Hob type: Hob (Gas)
- Clothing rack
- Oven: Oven
- Cleaning supplies
- Desk to work from
- Washer dryer machine: Washer Dryer Machine
- Dining table and chairs
- Kitchen type: Fully equipped Kitchen
- Dust pan and brush
- Chopping board
- Coffee table
- Rice Cooker
- Fridge freezer type: Small Fridge (Fridge Freezer)
- Living room furniture: Sofa and chair
- Iron and ironing board
- Bin bags
- Salt and pepper
- Coffee machine: Esspresso Machine
- Knife block
- Food processor
- Guide to the local area (Nearby restaurants, transport, etc)
- Vacuum cleaner
- Recyclying facilities
- Energy efficient rating (A-G)
- CFL or LED lighting
- Smoke Detectors / Alarms
- Electrronic (card, key, smart phone. etc) access
- First aider
- Fire blankets & or extinguisher: Fire Extinguisher
- Carbon Monoxide detector
- Emergency instructions / information in apartment
- Smoke /Fire Derectors linked with a central Emergency Control Room
- Security Alarm System
- Wheelchair accessible apartments
The 180° views, of what many consider to be the most beautiful lake in the world, will remain forever etched in your memory. The villa has three floors. The entrance on the ground floor leads, on the right, into the main living area with a beautiful hall, staggered in the fireplace area, and a separate kitchen facing the internal park; on the left side of the villa are two bedrooms, a double with private bathroom with tub and shower and another double with divisible beds and private bathroom with tub and shower.
On the ground floor is a panoramic terrace overlooking the lake. A wonderful spiral staircase leads down to the lower floor (level -1) with two double bedrooms with lake view, sharing a bathroom with tub and shower, while on the park side are two double bedrooms, with direct access to the garden, both with private bathroom with shower. Completely separated from the property (level -2), is a small apartment where the caretakers live, very discreet people and will not interfere in the guests' privacy.
The approximately 2000 sq m park contains a wide variety of plants and flowers whose fragrance renders the area even more evocative. Splendid cedars and firs surround the villa while on the land side is a beautiful wood perfect for reading and relaxing in. The park extends over several terraces; to the right of the entrance is a bocce court. In front of the pool is a sauna and outdoor hot tub with a spectacular view of Lake Como. Another enchanting spot from where you can admire the beauty of the lake, with the Alps in the background, is the large terrace which is accessible from the immense hall in the living area. Also outside, near the kitchen, is a convenient functional dining area surrounded by nature.
Please notice that photos are taken in spring, therefore flower blossoming, and the colours of the gardens' grass could be different at the moment of your arrival at the villa.
The rectangular swimming pool of the property faces the lake, staggered in respect to the level of the villa which is 30 metres away. Measuring 15 x 5 m with a constant depth of 1,20 m, it is lined in white PVC and is purified with salt and sand filtration. Access to the water is via large steps and a steel ladder. The 60 sq m solarium area in porous white stone, standing out against the surrounding green lawn, is equipped with sunbeds and umbrellas and a cold-water solar shower. The positioning of the internal and external lighting allows you to enjoy the pool in the evening and at night as well. The swimming pool is available from the last Saturday in April to the first Saturday in October.
- Once booking has been made and paid there is no refund.
- If you have credit with thesqua.re this will also be for any apartment confirmed in writing.
- Group Bookings cancellation policy may vary.
All of our serviced apartments undergo a thorough quality check to make sure that everything is of the highest standard. This means modern facilities, secure buildings, crisp white linen,five star amenities and an on call service team that are available 24/7.community, exclusive resident events and a host of discounts from local businesses.
We operate in accordance with the Disability Discrimination Act 1995 and the Equality Act 2010 and, as such, we encourage all prospective guests to talk to us about any specialaccommodation requirements they may have.