Accommodation near Kew Gardens
Accommodation Near Kew Gardens
A city as big as London has many attractions to lure in visitors from all over the world. And while there are many that come to mind, Kew Gardens is one of them. The Royal Botanical Gardens have dozens of plant species within its walls, and its research and the educational team is one of the best in the world for botany. With millions of visitors every year, some travellers want to be close to the gardens as it’s at the top of their list and because being in the area provides quick transport around London and access to more city landmarks. We recognise the importance of Kew Gardens to visitors which is why we offer top serviced accommodation near the botanic garden that represents the best that we can offer.
Our Serviced Accommodation Near Kew Gardens
Those looking to stay close to Kew Gardens won’t have loads of choice but they will have exceptional serviced apartments to pick from. They are each located in areas that aren’t too far from the gardens and bring their own bit of character to the mix. Fully furnished for short and long term stays, they will easily become the second homes that our business and leisure guests need them to be.
Some of our apartments near Kew Gardens are:
- Easton House
- Limetree Northcroft Ealing Apartments
- London Square Apartment Brentford
- Kensington Olympia Apartments
- Lexham Gardens
- Genesis in Kensington
- LAK Serviced Apartment, Kensington
- Cheval Gloucester Park Apartments, Kensington
- Harrington Park Apartments
- Oxford Gardens in Notting Hill
About Kew Gardens
The Royal Botanical Gardens have a long history. The area around which the gardens were built used to be part of royal residences that no longer exist like Richmond Palace, the permanent home of Henry VII and his court as he repaired his nation after the turmoil left behind from the War of the Roses. Slowly, it became Kew Field and eventually the gardens themselves began to take shape.
Today it has a variety of features which include; the Treetop Walkway, Sackler Crossing, The Hive, Alpine House, Nash Conservatory, Palm House, Princess of Wales Conservatory, The Temperate House, Shirley Sherwood Gallery, Kew Palace, Marianne North Gallery, Museum No. 1 and Waterlily House. From plant houses to interactive exhibitions, galleries, museums and ornamental buildings, there is much here to excite those that love the world of botany and natural beauty and wish to see it in a variety of forms.
A few facts about Kew Gardens that are worth mentioning include:
- The gardens serve 1.35 million visitors every year.
- More than 50,000 plant species can be explored within the gardens.
- It was opened in 1759.
- The herbarium, which is one of the largest in the world, has over 8.5 million preserved plant and fungal specimens.
- The library contains more than 750,000 volumes, while the illustrations collection has more than 175,000 prints/drawings of plants.
- Kew Gardens has its own police force, Kew Constabulary.
- Virginia Woolf published her short story "Kew Gardens" in 1921. The story gives a brief description of four groups of people as they pass by a flowerbed
Why Should Guests Book Accommodation Near Kew Gardens?
Central locations, stunning parks and attractions are more than reason enough for business and leisure travellers to book our serviced accommodation near Kew Gardens. It’s those three points that attract guests to stay in any form of accommodation. They want simple connections, top London landmarks to explore and green spaces to get away from the busy city life. Aside from the facilities outside of our apartments, inside they are adorned with all the amenities of business and leisure: internet, kitchen area, TV, bed, bathroom and more. It will feel like a new home in no time for our guests.
Facilities in Our Apartments Near Kew Gardens
All apartments within our award-winning portfolio, regardless of where they are situated, come equipped with all the necessary bits and bobs that make short and long term stays in London simple, easy, cosy, comfortable and convenient. Our kitchens have all the utensils needed for guests to cook healthy food, a process that can be therapeutic after a day of hassle in the office or weaving through London’s crowds. Then there’s the free Wi-Fi to work from home if need be or to stream more content when the flat screen TV’s channels no longer boast interesting programmes. Our bedrooms have the soft linens that deep sleeps are made from, and the living areas have the plush sofas for reclining with a cup of tea or a glass of wine.
For those that are staying in the long term, they can get access to other amenities that create first-class stays. Gyms, spas, concierge services and business centres may be available or can be arranged for specific guests that need those additional services.
Types of Apartments Near Kew Gardens
All stays and bookings are different. Whether it’s for business or leisure, a couple or a single traveller, a family or project team, not every stay is the same. Apartments need to be able to cater for all. And we’re happy that our selection of living spaces do just that. Corporate guests, young families and busy project teams can find the apartment they need. More space, less space, added benefits or not, the perfect stay can be crafted by the guest’s choosing.
- Studio - For compact London adventures, our studios are the living spaces that our clients choose when they have to have all things in easy reach.
- 1 Bedroom Apartments - When our corporate and leisure guests want everything more spread out, then they look to our 1 bedroom apartments to fulfil their requirements.
- 2 Bedroom Apartments - For families with one child or two, our 2 bedroom apartments have the extra space, and bedroom, to make short or long stays together more convenient.
- 3 Bedroom Apartments - The go-to choice for families that require a bit more space to fit the kids and the in-laws, the complete family experience can be had. Project teams will also find these serviced apartments more than handy.
Corporate Accommodation Near Kew Gardens
Kew Gardens may not seem a spot for business guests to choose, but believe it or not, some just want a complete change of scenery whilst having easy access to the city. They can stress in the boardroom during the weekdays and walk around the botanical gardens during the weekends to wind down. The interiors of our apartments are lushly decorated to evoke the same feeling that the parks do; calmness and tranqulity. With all the amenities taken care of, living the London corporate lifestyle, with a dash of nature, comes easily when they book our accommodation near Kew Gardens,
Leisure Accommodation Near Kew Gardens
It’s the dream of many to stay near their favourite attractions, and those that wish to stay in close proximity to Kew Gardens will find our leisure accommodation more than fits the bill. They can explore the botanical gardens and its treasure trove of secrets to their heart’s content and then arrive back home to an apartment that is catered for all of their quirks and requirements. Living areas to chill in, kitchens to show off in and free Wi-Fi to video call friends and family, booking with TheSqua.re is always the best choice for travellers wanting to be impressed.
Other Top London Attractions Near Kew Gardens
Outside of Central London, the area around Kew Gardens isn’t renowned for the chimes of Big Ben, Buckingham Palace, Tower Bridge or the Tower London. However, the area does have its own array of landmarks that offer their own version of entertainment for short and long term guests who are choosing the city for their getaway. Parks, sports clubs, museums and shops are all here to perk up all stays and to offer more places to enjoy once Kew Gardens and its vast collection of specimens have been sampled from top to bottom. Plus, our serviced apartments aren’t too far from these London landmarks too which means that our guests can get to and from the attractions with ease so they can experience what it has to offer and get home to wind down in their serviced accommodation.
A few attractions near Kew Gardens are the following:
- Richmond Park - An expansive park, it has deer and other sorts of wildlife within the bushes and trees. With an area of 9.55 km², days out walking can take a long time (in a good way) and can really alleviate all manner of stress.
- Wimbledon Park - Featuring the All England Lawn Tennis and Croquet Club, itself the home of the Wimbledon Championships, this is where tennis enthusiasts can be found in the summer cheering on Murray, Federer, Nadal and the Williams sisters. Aside from that, there’s the rest of the park that is relaxing to stroll around.
- Wimbledon and Putney Commons - Totalling 460 hectares, this open space is commonly known as the home of The Wombles (a famous TV series) and is an important site for the stag beetle.
- Royal Wimbledon Golf Club - Those that love a good game of golf now have their opportunity when they stay near Kew Gardens, and they don’t have to go that far either.
- London Museum of Water and Steam - This tells the story of London's water supply, the people that live around it and the amazing pumping engine that makes it all happen.
- Syon Park - The gardens of Syon House, itself one of the last great houses of London that has been in the same family for over 400 years, add to the scale of the history and size of the aforementioned building.
- Twickenham Stadium - Rugby lovers come here all the time to see the place where the England team plays its best and where it has made history. As the home of Rugby, it has a special place in the heart of all admirers of the sport.
- Gunnersbury Park - Bought from the Rothschilds family for the nation, the 70 hectare estate is a relaxing way to get some fresh air.
- Chiswick House and Gardens - Lord Burlington's 18th century villa, itself inspired by Andrea Palladio and Inigo Jones, comes with classical landscapes and 65 acres of gardens for all visitors to enjoy.
Top London Restaurants Near Kew Gardens
While Kew Gardens is not the most central of London attractions, it does have a variety of restaurants and eateries nearby that can fulfil the requirements of all palettes. When our guests don’t want to utilise their fully equipped kitchen, they can head out into the streets, have a wander around and find an elegant place to indulge in their favourite dishes. As Kew still has the “global” feel, our guests can partake in multiple cuisines. British, European, Asian, South American, Caribbean - a prodigious catalogue of foods is ready and prepared to be gobbled up. Our apartments, being the centrally located accommodation choices that they are, can be found near the top spots to eat.
The best restaurants near Kew Gardens are the ones below:
- Rock and Rose - A colourful restaurant, it mixes antique and modern sensibilities with a diverse international menu that will please all.
- Gaucho Richmond - Featuring designer furnishings and cowhide fabrics to develop an atmosphere of pure comfort, the restaurant is a lavish backdrop for Argentine food and wine.
- UNA - This cosy and casual eatery in Richmond, it has a choice of vegetarian options as well as the usual choices of tasty food.
- Roebuck - A pub with a beer garden with views over The Thames, a late-night drink here will go down well with business and leisure guests.
- The City Barge - A riverside pub with outdoor terrace seating, it happily serves a modern British menu that gives all visitors a real taste of the nation.
- Syon Lounge - A stylish rooftop lounge, it serves artful sushi dishes and a range of shisha flavours to test the palette of its clientele as it tries something different.
- Coach and Horses - With a living room-style pub, it features upholstered furniture, an outside terrace and a futuristic glass conservatory to make all its visitors happy.
- Thames Restaurant - This stylish and cool restaurant is a modern endeavour that serves dishes of scrumptious foods to keep its visitors happy.
- London Apprentice - A Grade II listed building, the restaurant is an old riverside pub that has a diverse menu that suits the aurora of the city and will tick the boxes of picky eaters as well as natural-born big eaters.
Transportation Near Kew Gardens
Like the rest of London, the area around Kew Gardens has many transport connections to help get visitors and locals across the city. This is not surprising at all given that Kew Gardens is one of the big attractions of the city, and Wimbledon is one of the big events of the year while Twickenham has rugby tournaments every year too. As an area of leisure, London Underground, Overground, national rail services and more are in handsome supply. And if that wasn’t enough, our serviced apartments aren’t too far away either so walking too and from the stations is never going to take a long time for our guests.
The following stations offer transport around the city of London and offer our business and leisure travellers convenience when they stay near Kew Gardens:
- Kew Gardens
- North Sheen
- St Margarets
- Kew Bridge
- Barnes Bridge
All our properties have been verified by experienced property managers.
Can't find what you are looking for?
We have a number of other properties not yet listed on the site.