Where to Stay in Clapham Junction
Clapham Junction is a popular destination for those seeking comfortable accommodation in South London. Key choices include Chelsea, Draycott Plane, Sloane Avenue, Battersea, Clapham Old Town, Clapham North and Clapham South.
Facts About Clapham Junction
Clapham Junction is one of the trendiest areas to stay in London and a popular pick for renters seeking units in South London. It is a part of the Battersea commercial hub and shares its borders with Clapham Old Town, Clapham North and Clapham South. Here are some interesting facts worth knowing:
- Brixton is a trendy area nearby and this is an ideal option for vibrant nightlife.
- The Clapham North area is two miles away from the Junction.
- Famous names like Piers Morgan and JK Rowling have all lived in this zone at some point in their lives.
- The pin code is SW4 and the area has history going back by a 1,000 years.
- It was mentioned as Clopeham in the Doomsday Book and grew towards becoming a prime zone in London in the 18th and 19th centuries.
- The entire area is famous for its historical Clapham Sect and William Wilberforce.
- The railways transformed the area from 1900 onwards and even after World War II and bombings, a regeneration program commenced in the 1980s.
- It is now known as an affluent area, located just across the river from Chelsea and Knightsbridge.
- Reaching London is possible in 10 minutes from Clapham Junction via train.
- Trains go to Gatwick Airport, Hastings and Portsmouth among other areas.
- The locality has the finest shopping destinations and restaurants in the whole region.
- Up to 180 trains go through the 17 platforms at this station on an hourly basis!
Weather in Clapham Junction
The weather comprises of shorter and cooler summers which are also semi-cloudy. The winters are longer and chillier while also being majorly cloudy. Temperatures usually range between 39-74 degrees Fahrenheit round the year. The best time to visit is between late June and early September for enjoying the pleasant weather and outdoor activities.