Facts About Luohu
Luohu is a district of Shenzhen which is located in the north of the New Territories of Hong Kong, east of Futian District, southeast of Longgang District, southwest of Pingshan District, and west of Yantian District. Here are some facts about Luohu:
- Luohu is one of the oldest parts of the city.
- This place used to represent Shenzhen as a fishing village until 1953
- From 1953 to 1979 this area was known as a market town until Bao'an County was promoted to a prefecture-level city and renamed Shenzhen.
- After Shenzhen formally got its city status in October 1979, Luohu district was established as the first district in Shenzhen.
- Luohu is one of the six administrative districts of the Shenzhen Special Economic Zone (SEZ) of the Shenzhen City of the People's Republic of China.
Weather in Luohu
You can visit Luohu, Shenzhen all-round the years as it has a pleasant climate. It can be hot and humid during the typhoon season which is June to October. So you plan your trip anytime between October to January when days are warm and sunny. Winter is short here and typically runs from mid-January to mid-February. You can plan your trip during this time to experience the Chinese New Year festivities.