Facts about Amsterdam Oost
The area of Oost Amsterdam is not much renowned as compared to other places in Amsterdam. Some of the facts that a visitor at Oost can remember are listed below:
- Oost is one of the Dutch capital’s diverse cultural hotspots, that is packed with memorable restaurants, museums, and bars.
- Back in the 13th Century, the place of Amsterdam was a small fishing village that is located behind the dyke/dam.
- Oost Amsterdam was an agricultural region in the 17th Century. It is created by the Watergraafsmeer polder and dotted by country estates.
- The neighborhood area was built during the rapid urban expansion with the construction of two new train stations, and bathhouses of municipal.
- Dappemarket is the heart of Oost Amsterdam. This is the oldest market of fruits, flowers, and fabrics.
Weather in Amsterdam Oost
Amsterdam Oost has a mild climate typical to Northern Europe. Summers in Oost are generally warm while Winters are cold with rain, snow, and wind. In our warm and fully equipped abodes here, expect a memorable Oost trip with us.