More about South-end, Boston
Facts About South End
This vibrant neighbourhood of Boston has some fascinating facts that will help to know more about this place:
- The South End sits southwest of downtown, with Chinatown forming its northern border.
- It is distinguished from other neighbourhoods by its Victorian-style houses.
- In 1973, the South End was listed in the National Register of Historic Places
- The neighbourhood was expanded and developed by filling in the marshlands, part of a larger project of the filling of Boston's Back Bay and South Bay from the 1830s to the 1870s.
- From 1915 to 1970 the American Federation of Musicians Local 535 was the top black musician in the country.
- By the 19th century, it had become Boston’s furniture and piano-making industry.
Weather in South End
Summers in Boston can be delightful with ocean breezes keeping the humid temperature in control. Winters are usually cold and a potential snowfall in December. Spring is a welcomed season as temperatures start to rise.