Rent Serviced Apartments in Canberra
Top Furnished Apartments in Canberra
Canberra is the capital city of Australia which is also called the city of cool. This is because of its diverse social landscape, beautiful art scene, and fashionable hangouts. The capital city is also famous for its mesmerising galleries and museums. The city is a combination of historic and modern as well as a natural and built culture. These combinations form a truly amazing appearance that is coupled with an electrifying atmosphere. This makes Canberra an intriguing city to visit.
People who wish to explore the city can opt for rent serviced apartments in Canberra that are well-furnished and come along with great in-house services. Be it holiday apartments for family, couples and friends or corporate apartments for professionals, a serviced apartment is an ideal choice for all purposes.
Some of Our Top Serviced Apartments in Canberra for Tourist and Travelers:
Benefits of Furnished Apartments in Canberra
These serviced apartments are affordable, cost-efficient, and customer-friendly. Some general services offered by these apartments are lift access, cots or cribs (chargeable), maid services, on-site car parking (chargeable), 24 Hours Reception, Chargeable Laundry service, air conditioning, wheelchair-accessible apartments, and chargeable Dry cleaning service. Check for added amenities while the serviced apartments also offer everything you need from Wi-Fi and flat-screen televisions to plush living rooms and well-equipped kitchens.
Corporate Housing in Canberra
For business travellers visiting Canberra these serviced apartments with high speed Wi-Fi facility are an ideal choice. The key benefits include onsite security, furnished meeting areas, and 24 hours Management. The corporate housing in Canberra promise to offer the highest standard of living to their guests. They make sure to offer modern facilities, crisp white linen, secure buildings, five-star amenities, and 24 hour customer service through their service team. They also provide various discounts on local businesses and exclusive resident events to their guests. .
Short Term Rentals in Canberra
Short term rentals in Canberra are ideally suited for travellers seeking plush, comfortable accommodation for a short or longerduration stay. These apartments are spacious, furnished and provide well equipped accommodation for travelers. They are also located strategically, in proximity to major tourist landmarks and places of commercial interest.
Holiday Apartments in Canberra
The holiday apartments in Canberra also encourager guests to communicate with them about special accommodation requirements if any. These apartments comply with the Equality Act 2010 and the Disability Discrimination Act 1995. The price of the 4 stars and 5 stars serviced apartments depends on the apartment type and the duration of stay by the guests. Some of the apartments also offer gym or breakfast membership to their guests that may or may not be chargeable.
Where to Stay in Canberra
Australia is a diverse area offering several accommodation options. From backpacker hostels to luxury apartments, the city has a wide range of options for every budget. Fully Furnished apartments in Canberra offers cost-effective options for an extended and hassle-free stay. Serviced apartments offers various benefits of a typical accommodation along with a good level of privacy and enhanced features like full kitchen facilities and secure access.
Whether you wish to have a large scale accommodation option or rent apartment in Canberra, there is a perfect match as per every visitor’s budget and needs. Some places worth considering include Woden Valley, Acton and the City Centre.
Facts about Canberra
- Some of the notable features of Canberra are the Australia High Court, Mount Stromlo Observatory, Parliament House, St. John the Baptist, the National Library, and the National War Memorial and more. The city also has the Australian National Library and others.
- The place is home to the Australian Parliament, thus it has many political sites such as the Royal Australian Mint and the Australian Democracy Museum. The city also has various museums ranging from world-class art galleries to military accomplishment venues.
- It offers tourists the unique opportunity to experience a modern metropolis along with wide boulevards, expansive parks, and extraordinary 19th-century architecture. Canberra is also home to the best wildlife reserves and national parks in Australia.
The two biggest contributors to Canberra’s economy are the public services and administration. The Australian Public Service operates and employs around 33% of the total workforce of the city.
Tech firms on government contracts are increasingly becoming prevalent like RuleBurst and Tower Software. Many tour operators are locally based, contributing to the city’s economy.
Cost of Living in Canberra
The capital city of Australia is a liveable place and is also one of the most affordable. The standard of living in Canberra is higher but the living cost is quite low as compared to other metropolitan cities. Rent is approximately $200-250 while it can go up to $350-$450 for bigger units. Food costs will be roughly $100 per month.
Tips for Visiting Canberra
- The city has a temperate climate therefore visitors must carry clothing accordingly.
- One of the best things to do after reaching Canberra’s airport is to hire a cab. It is easy and convenient to move about the city in a hired cab.
- The popular months to visit Canberra are between September and October.
- Visitors must also look up the free public tours available.
Things to Do in Canberra
It is a city that is worth exploring because it has multiple things to offer to visitors. Many visitors like to enjoy the diverse culture and architecture of the city. They also pop into a few artisan cafes along the streets. Canberra is an ideal spot for excursions with sprawling national parks nearby. Numerous tour operators offer epic wildlife safaris and treks as per guest requirements. Here’s taking a look at some of the top things to do in Canberra.
What are popular things to do in Canberra?
- Spend time on Lake Burley Griffin- Visitors can cycle around or take a walk, boat, stand up a paddleboard, or move in a kayak in this spot. They can also enjoy the beautiful view from the lakeside cafe. There are plenty of other activities to do to explore the lake.
What are some free things to do in Canberra?
- Find the city’s secret hidden gems- The city is also called the capital of culture. Some of the hidden gems of Canberra are the Chinese-style gardens, Peruvian food trucks, and wineries. Visitors can also update their bucket list with the best-kept secrets of the city.
Does Canberra have many romantic attractions?
- Experience an outdoor hideaway- Visitors are in for a treat at Mount Majura Vineyard where they can find the Naked Cubby Collective. It offers a secluded nature experience.
- Visit nature closely at Tidbinbilla- the Tidbinbilla Nature Reserve has sprawling valleys and snow gum forests that visitors can enjoy. It is also home to a wide range of adventure and wildlife experiences, and visitors can also spend a few nights in the natural haven.
- Rafting an alpine river- Visitors can go for a wilderness expedition in the snowy river. They can paddle their way through the alpine river on a kayak adventure or multi-day. The trip is meant for nature lovers who love to stare at the sunny day and starry skies at night.
What are family-friendly things to do in Canberra?
- Enjoy family fun- The city has attractions for every age group. Canberra is also considered an ideal family destination for a fun time. Kids can run freely in a miniature garden while parents can visit the hamburger tower.
What are unusual things to do in Canberra?
- Some unusual activities include flying in a hot air balloon, checking out aboriginal artworks, hiking at the Namadgi National Park and more.
Popular Attractions in Canberra
There are many tourist attractions in the capital city ranging from local curiosities to must-see landmarks all around. People visiting Canberra for the first time will probably like to see the National Museum that has various exhibits showcasing the city’s development.
One would also like to see the Australian War Memorial. People who like outdoor attractions can visit the Australian National Botanic Gardens located near the equally breathtaking Black Mountain Nature Reserve. Here are some other popular activities and attractions:
- Explore museums and galleries - The city is filled with aboriginal artworks. Tourists can also enjoy the international exhibitions hosted in Canberra. They can also stroll through gardens that have original sculptures and portraits of popular personalities. An afternoon spent at Canberra’s museum and the gallery is an experience of a lifetime.
- Shopaholics can enjoy local markets - the shopping scene of Canberra is contemporary. It has many modern architecture and art institutions. There are also creative boutiques, local designs and markets on offer. Visitors can find their sense of style walking through the Canberra markets.
- Hiking in Namadgi National Park - One has to take an hour-long drive away from Canberra to visit the remote wilderness of the beautiful Namadgi National Park. It is an ideal place where you connect with the environment and explore the impressive rock formations, aboriginal heritage sites, and forested woods.
- Tour the Parliament House - Visitors who wish to see the political side of the city must explore the Parliament House. It is a guided tour that will take the visitors through the modern architecture, galleries, and exhibitions.
- Fly in a hot air balloon - It is one of the few cities in the world where visitors can experience flying in a hot air balloon. Enjoy the scenic view of the rolling mountains and sprawling valleys from the hot air balloon.
- Look for Black gold - There is an annual event held every winter where friendly truffle dogs race through 3000 trees to find black gold. This event is called The Truffle Farm. After the race is over, visitors can go to a cosy shed and enjoy the delicious truffle with some local wines.
Places to Eat in Canberra
It is not surprising that Canberra is filled with the best dining places in the world. It has some of the best restaurants, such as the Boathouse, Water's Edge Restaurant and Aubergine Restaurant. These offer a contemporary Australian dining experience. Another popular dine dining cuisine includes the Wild Duck Fine Asian Cuisine that people find quite adventurous. Any individual wanting to experience a casual bite at an eatery must visit the Trevs @ Dickson as it is a perfect merge of food and quality. The space is also social and relaxed making its guests feel comfortable and jolly.
Street Food in Canberra
Canberra offers a plethora of street food options ranging from Zaab and Ming’s Pantry Malaysian Street Food to Zeus Street Greek and Monster Kitchen and Bar. Top eats include pulled lamb shoulder, duck pancakes, chocolate tarts and pork belly buns. Do not miss trying the famous local bacon and Bomboloni doughnuts at the Capital Region Farmers Market.
Shopping in Canberra
Canberra is one of the best shopping destinations for shopaholics. People who enjoy this little retail therapy must visit the capital city. The Canberra Centre is one place for everything with over 310 stores having a wide range of products like high street fashion, consumer electronics, and more.
Another famous shopping centre includes the Westfield centre that has over 270 shops in a modern mall. People wishing for big savings can opt to shop at the Canberra Outlet Centre which offers discounts on interior furnishing and designer labels.
Transportation in Canberra
Visitors who are looking to travel around the central urban area of the city will find an extensive bus network that covers all major areas and most suburbs.
However, for long journeys, there are railway services that operate out of the Canberra railway station. Another increasingly popular mode of transportation is cycling. There are plentiful cycle paths in and around the city centre.
Weather in Canberra
The capital city has four distinctive seasons that have their unique charm and beauty. Canberra also offers a rare treat to its people throughout the year showing a kaleidoscope of different colours.