Restaurants and Cafes in Aldgate
Given Aldgate’s proximity to several of East London’s most famous markets, the area is renowned for its street food. The area is absolutely full of market stalls that sell everything from Middle Eastern food to Vietnamese fare and everything in between. Some of the must visit locations in the area include:
- Hawksmoor: This steakhouse in Spitalfields offers a vibrant atmosphere and has quickly gained a reputation of being one of the most delicious steakhouses in East London. They specialise in gourmet burgers, ribs and steaks.
- Kasturi: This authentic Indian restaurant highlights the Pakhtoon cooking style of the North-West Frontier. This venue has unobtrusively brought an authentic Indian style of cooking to East London. As for the decor, Kasturi is smart, & modern but the focus remains on the food.
- The Running Horse: This restaurant offers a sumptuous Sunday roast and vast variety of gin. The interiors are colourful and cheerful.
- Treves & Hyde: A cozy venue with delicious food and beautiful cocktails.
- The Culpeper: This traditional British pub is a must visit.
Perhaps it is the proximity to a variety of excellent restaurants that makes Aldgate apartments some of the most coveted in London.