Facts About Downtown Los Angeles
Some fascinating facts about Downtown Los Angeles make it popular among visitors.
Here are a few of them listed below:
- The Tongya village of Yaanga was the earliest known settlement in Downtown Los Angeles.
- Few scenes from the Oscar-nominated musical "La La Land" were taken in Angel's Flight, Bunker Hill.
- The Grand Park of Los Angeles is expected to organize the 2028 Summer Olympics: marathons, race walks, and road cycling.
- OUE Skyspace is the tallest open-air viewing platform in the state, and one can observe the entire Downtown Los Angeles in 5 seconds. It has an exterior glass sliding of 1,000 ft above the LA streets.
- The Anschutz Entertainment Group, popularly known as AEG Worldwide, has its corporate headquarters in DTLA.
- A Chinese technology company, BYD Co. Ltd., has its North American headquarters in DTLA.
- The headquarters of Cathay Bank is located in Chinatown.
Weather in Downtown Los Angeles
The weather in Downtown Los Angeles is mild-to-hot throughout the year and is mostly dry. It has a Mediterranean climate of dry subtropical type. The most popular time to visit DTLA is during winters, from November to April, when the temperature is mild to warm, with occasional heavy rainfall.