Serviced Apartments Richmond, Melbourne
Top Furnished Apartments in Richmond
Richmond is a well-known Melbourne suburb in Victoria, eastwards from the CBD (Central Business District) in Melbourne and the municipality in the City of Yarra. 3 major activity centers within the 2030 Melbourne Metropolitan Strategy lie within Richmond, namely Swan Street, Bridge Road and Victoria Street. With rapid development of this suburb, demand has increased for serviced apartments Richmond, Melbourne.
Our Best Serviced Apartments in Richmond for Travelers
Our serviced apartments Richmond offer all the amenities required by travelers for a comfortable stay in Melbourne, including free Wi-Fi, well-equipped kitchens and comfortable bedrooms for unmatched comfort.
Where to Stay in Richmond,Melbourne
Richmond has several popular localities and communities including the well-known Little Saigon locality along Victoria Street and also near Citizens Park, Highett Street and Church Street. James Street has numerous bluestone terrace homes and is a popular locality for travelers. Explore serviced apartments in Melbourne to get the further information about the other neighborhood.
Facts About Richmond
Richmond is a major suburb in Melbourne that is 3 kilometers away from the CBD in Melbourne. It contains 3 out of 82 major activity centers identified within the aegis of the 2030 Melbourne Metropolitan Strategy. Here are some interesting facts about Richmond:
- Richmond gentrified from the 1990s with a mixture of transformed warehouse homes, terrace homes dating to the Victorian period and high-rise apartments.
- There is a vibrant retail hub while Richmond once housed the Nine Network Studios till they shifted in 2011 to Docklands.
- Dimmeys has a long association with the suburb in spite of being situated in Cremorne.
- The area is home to numerous factory outlets along the Bridge Road.
- The Richmond District in San Francisco takes its name from this suburb. The designer of the Japanese Tea Garden in the Park hailed from Melbourne and purchased land in then-undeveloped zones in this regard.
- Victoria Gardens Shopping Center was built in 2001 while the well-known Loyal Studley Hotel was established in 1891. Richmond Power Station also came up in the same year.
- Richmond Town Hall is a landmark structure presently run by the City of Yarra and built in the 1880s. Another landmark is The Malthouse courtesy of reputed architect Nonda Katsalidis.
- Dogs in Space is the cult movie filmed here, directed by Richard Lowenstein and Michael Hutchence acted in the same.
- Leaps and Bounds, the famous song by noted songwriter Paul Kelly, talks about the iconic Nylex Clock or clock on the silo of Richmond.
- The Mountain View Hotel was previously under the ownership of Ron Barassi while Cameron Street witnessed the filming of Renovation Challenge: The Block. This is another feather in the cap for Richmond.
Weather in Richmond
Richmond witnesses semi-cloudy and warm summers along with short, clear and cold winters. It remains wet throughout the year. Throughout the year, the temperatures usually hover between 40 and 85 degrees Fahrenheit. The best time to visit Richmond is between early December and late March for enjoying outdoor attractions and activities.