Furnished Apartments in West Lake
Serviced Apartments in West Lake, Seattle
West Lake is a prominent locality in Seattle, Washington and is named on account of its position along the Lake Union’s western shoreline. This comparatively narrow locality has just some blocks between the western threshold of Aurora Avenue N and the shoreline. Beyond this lie South Lake Union and Fremont. The key streets here are Westlake Avenue North and Dexter Avenue. Many travelers seek furnished apartments in West Lake since they wish to reside in the same area as Tom Hanks’ iconic character in Sleepless in Seattle!
Some of Our Top Furnished Apartments in West Lake are:
All our furnished apartments in West Lake come with top-notch amenities and facilities for residents. They offer everything you need, right from complimentary Wi-Fi and comfortable beds to fully-equipped kitchens among other necessities.
Where to Stay in West Lake
You can consider several areas worth staying in West Lake. There are only a few blocks till the shoreline. You can consider staying near the Aurora Avenue North and also Queen Anne along with Aloha Street and South Lake Union nearby. The Westlake Avenue North and Dexter Avenue are also worth considering.
Facts About West Lake
An interesting fact is that the character played by Tom Hanks in Sleepless in Seattle, the iconic movie, lived on a houseboat in West Lake. West Coast Airlines also had its headquarters in the area before being dissolved.
Here are some more interesting facts about West Lake:
- West Lake is known to be the smallest locality in Seattle, housing reportedly less than 2,000 people.
- The Westlake Avenue North Cycle Track or Westlake Bikeway is a major attraction, covering the entire zone and linking Downtown Seattle to the Burke-Gilman Trail as well.
- The Spur Line artwork is inspired largely by the history of Lake Union and its status as a fully functional waterway and the rail lines that snaked along its edge. There is also a drainage system below the pathway. The artwork all around is a delight to behold, comprising of sidewalk inserts, benches, pedestrian handrail and listening tubes linked to drainage infrastructure below.
- Waterway #1 comes with a quirky galvanized steel based listening tube, a reference to old boats and their speaking tubes. This carries water sounds from the storm-water treatment setup below.
- The West Lake Greenbelt is one of the tiniest green belts in Seattle and is actually home to wooded slopes right above West Lake Avenue North. It is a good pit stop for those who love greenery and nature.
Weather in West Lake
West Lake mostly witnesses shorter, drier and warmer summers which are also slightly cloudy. Winters here are wet, cold and cloudy as well. Temperatures usually hover between 37 and 79 degrees Fahrenheit throughout the year while minimum and maximum thresholds touch 28 and 88 degrees Fahrenheit respectively. The best time to visit West Lake is between early July and late August for enjoying warm weather and outdoor attractions.