London and Berlin – The two major Western countries, boasting centuries-old culture. Booming with galleries, museums and music venues with great cultural activities and nightlife, both these cities of Europe feature fascinating neighbourhoods, a rich history and heritage. Here is a comparison to help you decide which is the city you would love to explore first!
- London- The Tower of London, Westminster Abbey and The Buckingham Palace
- Berlin- Reichstag (parliamentary building), the Brandeburg Gate and Charlottenburg Palace
Pace of Life
- London: If you work in London, there is no way getting away from it and you’ll surely be caught up in the speed of life.
- Berlin: In Berlin, people tend to be in less of a rush and travelling in this city is somewhat more relaxed.
Number of Museums
- London-215 (Popular-British Museum)
- Berlin– 158 (Popular – Museum Island)
Cost of Living
London is known for being one of the most expensive cities in the world to live, and when we compare it with Berlin, they’re a million miles apart. Cost of living in London is 43% higher than Berlin and rental prices are 70% lower in Berlin.
There are underground railway systems in both these places.
- Berlin– The U-Bahn
- London-The Tube
In London, a monthly public transport pass will cost you around £130, while it is £58 in Berlin. Taxis are also cheaper in Berlin by around 6% than London.
So, which European City do you feel is more fascinating to you? It really does come down to your personal choice!