Accommodation near Queen Elizabeth Hospital Birmingham
Accommodation Near Queen Elizabeth Hospital Birmingham
About Queen Elizabeth Hospital Birmingham
One of Birmingham’s newest acute medical centres, Queen Elizabeth Hospital opened to patients in June 2010 as part of the University Hospitals Birmingham NHS Foundation Trust (UHB). Incorporating a number of other local hospitals and smaller satellite units, the trust treats more than 2.2 million people every year, and delivers more babies than anywhere else in Europe. Specialising in cardiac, liver and neurosurgery services, while also acting as a regional centre for cancer, renal dialysis, plastics, cystic fibrosis and more, Queen Elizabeth Hospital also stands out from the trust for its world-renowned trauma care, and guarantees to provide the highest standard of treatment to patients from Birmingham and across the wider area.
Address: Mindelsohn Way, Birmingham, B15 2TH
Getting to Queen Elizabeth Hospital Birmingham
Queen Elizabeth Hospital is relatively easy to find, located just past Edgbaston to the south west of Birmingham city centre, and close to the university campus. Readily accessed by car and on foot, there are multiple transport options for visitors and emergency workers looking to make their way to the hospital’s main site, including:
- Bus – Multiple bus routes run between the city centre, university and Queen Elizabeth Hospital, including the 48, 76 and 19 (to the hospital’s main entrance) and the X20, X21 and X22 (stopping on Vincent Drive a short walk from the site). Travellers are advised to check the local timetable for journey times, but most services take around twenty minutes to arrive.
- Train – The nearest train station to Queen Elizabeth is University station, around 0.2 miles from the hospital. Visitors can walk the distance easily, in under ten minutes, and cycle there in under five.
- Car – Located just off the A38 Bristol Road into Birmingham city centre, driving to the hospital can take 15-20 minutes from the central New Street train station, and there is plenty of public parking available on the premises.
- Cycling – Cycling from the city centre again takes under half an hour, depending on route and speed. Travellers can speed up their journey further by taking a train to University station and cycling on from there, and there are plenty of cycle storage facilities around the main site where visitors can secure their bike.
Top Trending Serviced Apartments Near Queen Elizabeth Hospital Birmingham
Serviced apartments from TheSqua.re are the ideal temporary accommodation for urgent medical workers, patients, and other emergencies. Close to the main site of Queen Elizabeth Hospital, the properties can allow for hectic work schedules, changing appointment times, and vital callouts, acting as comfortable, convenient hubs for all guests. Focus on the things that matter and leave everything else in the capable hands of TheSqua.re.
Some of our top apartments near Queen Elizabeth Hospital include:
- The President.
- The Lansdowne.
- Allegro Exchange Square.
- The Class Place.
- The Warehouse Loft.
- The Corporate.
- The White Wood Forest.
- Queens Apartment.
- Viva Apartments.
Every emergency serviced apartment from TheSqua.re acts as a veritable home away from home for the guests that choose it. Fitted with all the furnishings and amenities one could require, including fully equipped kitchens, flatscreen TVs, complimentary high-speed Wi-Fi and more, these luxury living spaces allow visitors the freedom to come and go as they please, tending to their business in the area while also making the most out of that precious leisure time.
Cost of Accommodation Near Queen Elizabeth Hospital Birmingham
Naturally, urgent living accommodation near Queen Elizabeth Hospital can vary in price depending on season, location, and whether guests are after an extended stay or short term visit. One-bedroom apartments in the city centre can cost around £80 to £200 per night to rent depending on facilities, while a similar-sized apartment towards the suburbs may be between £40 to £100 monthly. Serviced apartments from TheSqua.re can therefore be an ideal solution to any urgent accommodation woes, guaranteeing excellent rates and a high level of customer service to keep residents resting easy.
Things to See and Do Near Queen Elizabeth Hospital Birmingham
A popular destination for tourists, there are plenty of sights and attractions local to Birmingham and the wider area. Many of those sightseeing opportunities closest to Queen Elizabeth Hospital provide ideal retreats for those seeking a change in scenery or a brief diversion. Here then are some of our favourite things to see and do in the nearby area:
- National SEA LIFE Centre Birmingham.
- Cadbury World.
- Winterbourne House & Garden.
- Birmingham Wildlife Conservation Park.
- The Coffin Works.
- Birmingham Museum & Art Gallery.
- O2 Academy.
- Ikon Gallery.
- Birmingham RBSA.
- St. Philip’s Cathedral.
All our properties have been verified by experienced property managers.
Can't find what you are looking for?
We have a number of other properties not yet listed on the site.