Accommodation near Birmingham City Hospital Birmingham
Accommodation Near Birmingham City Hospital
About Birmingham City Hospital
First built in 1889 as an extension to the Birmingham Union Workhouse (the entrance of which survived until 2017), Birmingham City Hospital originally comprised a single corridor stretching for a quarter of a mile, with nine Nightingale Ward blocks ranging along its length. The name is no coincidence, as the hospital was designed by an architect named W.H. Ward around a configuration recommended by Florence Nightingale herself. First known as the Birmingham Union Infirmary, the hospital later became Dudley Road Hospital, before being known more commonly as Birmingham City Hospital, or simple City Hospital. Providing high quality healthcare, the hospital boasts some of the shortest waiting times and lowest infection rates in the country, meaning visitors can benefit from an excellent standard of treatment, whether they hail from Birmingham or the surrounding area.
Address: Dudley Road, Birmingham, B18 7QH
Getting to Birmingham City Hospital
Birmingham City Hospital is easily accessible from the city centre, located just off Spring Hill Road past the Symphony Hall. For visitors with access to their own vehicle, the hospital offers multiple parking facilities, with various discount schemes available for frequent visitors; for everyone else, there are a number of other transport options, including:
- Bus – Multiple bus routes run between the city centre and main site of the hospital, including the 11 (Birmingham Outer Circle service, stopping on Aberdeen Street), and 82, 87 and 88 (services to Bearwood, Dudley and Oldbury, stopping on Dudley Road). Travellers are advised to check their local timetable for journey times.
- Midland Metro – The local tram system operates a single route across the city, and can be used to supplement the journey. Visitors to the hospital will need to stop at Winson Green and change to the 11 bus.
- Train – The closest major train station to Birmingham City Hospital is New Street station, around two miles from the main site. Visitors can walk the distance in around 40 minutes, or transfer to local public transport. The Jewellery Quarter station also provides easy access to the hospital site, and the distance can be walked in around 20 minutes. Services to this station may however be less regular than to New Street, so visitors are advised to double-check the schedule before they travel.
Top Trending Serviced Apartments Near Birmingham City Hospital
Serviced accommodation from TheSqua.re acts as ideal living space solutions for busy medical workers, patients, and urgent visitors. Located close to the main site of Birmingham City Hospital, these luxury furnished apartments can allow for changing appointment times, vital callouts, and hectic work schedules, creating a comfortable and convenient living hub for all residents. And thanks to TheSqua.re’s dedicated customer service team, guests can feel free to focus on the things that matter, and leave everything else in the company’s capable hands.
Some of our top apartments near Birmingham City Hospital include:
- The President.
- The Lansdowne.
- Allegro Exchange Square.
- The Class Place.
- The Warehouse Loft.
- The Corporate.
- The White Wood Forest.
- Queens Apartment.
- Viva Apartments.
Acting as veritable homes away from home for the guests that choose them, serviced apartments from TheSqua.re come fitted with all the amenities one could require for any length of stay. Featuring fully equipped kitchens, flatscreen TVs, complimentary high-speed Wi-Fi and more, these luxury living spaces allow visitors a level of come-and-go flexibility seldom found in many local hotels, enabling them to conduct their business in the area while also making the most out of any leisure time.
Cost of Accommodation Near Birmingham City Hospital
As to be expected, emergency living accommodation near Birmingham City Hospital can vary in cost depending on season, location and length of stay. Typically, one-bedroom apartments in the city centre can range from £80 to £200 per night, while a similar-sized apartment in the suburbs may cost around half of this. Serviced apartments from TheSqua.re can therefore be a preferable solution to any urgent accommodation woes, as they guarantee excellent rates and diligent customer care to keep guests resting easy.
Things to See and Do Near Birmingham City Hospital
As Birmingham is a popular destination for tourists, there are naturally a number of sights and attractions to be found across many of the city’s districts. Plenty of the most visited places in the city can be found within easy travel distance of Birmingham City Hospital, providing much-needed retreats for those seeking a brief diversion or change in scenery. Here are some of our favourite things to see and do in the nearby area:
- National SEA LIFE Centre Birmingham.
- Cineworld Birmingham Broad Street.
- Ikon Gallery.
- Birmingham Museum & Art Gallery.
- Thinktank Science Museum.
- O2 Academy.
- Birmingham Botanical Gardens.
- Midlands Art Centre.
- Winterbourne House & Garden.
- Symphony Hall.
All our properties have been verified by experienced property managers.
Can't find what you are looking for?
We have a number of other properties not yet listed on the site.