TheSqua.re Goes Green
We’ve all felt the heat this summer, and now more than ever these temperature rises can be attributed to man-made climate change.
As a global serviced apartments provider, we recognise that we (like everyone else) have a duty to protect the planet and do our bit to maintain a sustainable environment that ensures the safety of future generations. We are committed to reducing our environmental impact and to continually improve our environmental policies as a fundamental part of our business strategy and operating methods.
Some of the green changes we have been implementing over the past year are; continuously improving our recycling scheme and ensuring our carbon footprint is minimised throughout our supply chain process.
See the full list below:
- We have replaced our laundry company with a supplier more consistent with our environmental commitments. Our new supplier uses fewer chemicals in the wash process and works with cooler water which in turn reduces the amount of gas they use.
- We have selected less harmful cleaning chemicals to maintain apartment cleanliness.
- For our guests, we are now providing coffee, tea, sugar, salt and pepper sourced from Fairtrade and Rainforest Alliance providers.
- We have been utilising methods to become a paperless office.
- Our guest services team has replaced the use of printed forms for apartment inspections through the use of technology developed in-house.
- We have been replacing our rubbish collection company in order to work with a supplier that allows for more items to be recycled in our offices and warehouse.
- We have minimised our waste and then reusing or recycling as much of it as possible.
- We have minimised energy and water usage in our buildings, vehicles and processes in order to conserve supplies and minimised our consumption of natural resources, especially where they are non-renewable.
- We have replaced all light bulbs in our apartments with more energy efficient and long lasting bulbs to avoid energy waste and constant replacement.
- We have applied the principles of continuous improvement in respect of air, water, noise and light pollution from our premises and reduced any impacts from our operations on the environment and local community.
- As far as possible, we have purchased products and services that do the least damage to the environment and encouraged others to do the same.
- We have assessed the environmental impact of any new processes or products we intend to introduce in advance.
- We have ensured that all employees understand our environmental policy and conform to the high standards it requires.
- We have addressed complaints about any breach of our Environmental Policy promptly and to the satisfaction of all concerned.
Throughout the rest of the year, we’ll be implementing even more green policies to bring our exceptional services to customers with a hint of green.
Top 10 Facts About the Tokyo Imperial Palace - Infographic
Navigating the Best Corporate Housing: A Comprehensive Guide for Business Travellers
09 Oct 2023
Frequent travel has become an essential aspect of professional life in today's fast-paced business world. As business travelers traverse the world, finding comfortable and convenient accommodations becomes increasingly important for productivity and well-being
Simplifying Corporate Accommodation Programmes: TheSquare.AI's Innovative Serviced Apartment Booking Platform
12 Sep 2023
In today's fast-paced business world, companies are constantly expanding their global footprint, so managing corporate accommodation and travel programs efficiently is crucial. TheSquare.AI, a cutting-edge corporate accommodation and travel management program,
Introducing the EcoGrade Sustainability Programme: Showcasing Apartment Suppliers' Commitment to Sustainability
22 Aug 2023
Introducing the EcoGrade Sustainability Programme: Showcasing Apartment Suppliers' Commitment to Sustainability Introducing the EcoGrade Sustainability Programme: Discover and Promote the Sustainability of Your Serviced Apartment Lead the Way in Eco-Friendl