Things to Do in Abu Dhabi
If you are visiting Abu Dhabi, you must know the range of things you can enjoy here.
Q. What are the popular things to do in Abu Dhabi?
There are several things to do in Abu Dhabi, such as Jet Skiing, Mangrove Kayaking, enjoying Formula Yas 3000 Driving, Desert safari. You can also participate in the Seaplane tour, Dune Buggy tour, Helicopter tour, Yellow Boat Corniche tour, and lots more.
Q. What are the free activities to do in Abu Dhabi?
Here is a list of free things you can do in Abu Dhabi.
- Visit Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque
- Enjoy beaches, restaurants, shops in The Corniche lying along the coast of Dhow Harbour.
- Enjoy sightseeing at Emirates Palace.
- Go for a desert trip in Jebel Hafeet&The Al Ain Camel Souk.
- Visit to Al Jahili Fort
- Enjoy window shopping at Marina Mall.
- Recreation centre - Al Ain Oasis is free to visit.
- Sheikh Zayed Palace Museum
- A trip to Heritage Village
Q. Are there any romantic attractions in Abu Dhabi?
There are some romantic attractions in Abu Dhabi, such as Ferrari World, Observation Deck at 300 located on the 74th floor of Conrad Etihad Abu Dhabi towers, enjoy Dhow Cruise, Umm Al Emarat Park, Dine out at Emirates Palace, Dinner at Bord Eau, Corniche beach, Bounce gaming plazas, Yas Island, Horse riding at BaniYas, Emirates Park Zoo, Mangrove National Park, Desert Safari at Jebel Hafeet, Yas Mall, and enjoy a magical sunset cruise.
Q. What are some of the family-friendly things to do in Abu Dhabi?
If you are visiting Abu Dhabi with your family, several activities are to do. You can go for a camel ride, jet Skiing, enjoy a cruise dinner, go shopping, dine out at the top restaurants, visit parks and recreation areas, and enjoy sightseeing in Abu Dhabi.
Q. What are the unusual things to do in Abu Dhabi?
Some of the unique things to do in Abu Dhabi is enjoying the world's fastest roller coaster ride, going for a desert safari, enjoying beaches, joining adventurous tours, etc.
Places to Visit in Abu Dhabi
There are many beautiful places worth checking out in Abu Dhabi. They include:
- Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque – The Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque looks resplendent in its white marble and the massive structure is arguably Abu Dhabi’s biggest landmark. Design components from Ottoman, Fatimid and Mameluke schools are fused for creating a stunning mosque that commemorates Islamic architectural styles to the hilt.
- Louvre Abu Dhabi – Louvre Abu Dhabi is one of the most famous museums in the Middle East, tracking the evolution of artistic achievement throughout humanity, right from the Neolithic age till the present times. There is a permanent collection that encompasses a mind-boggling 12 galleries in all. This is one attraction worth checking out for sure!
- Eastern Mangroves – The Eastern Mangroves of Abu Dhabi are a treat to explore. Discover a whole new dimension to the Emirate, venturing into the pristine forests surrounding the islands. You can also opt for fun kayaking tours here.
- Saadiyat Island – Saadiyat Island is one of the leading destinations in Abu Dhabi, with its Saadiyat Beach offering beautiful white sands and great amenities like a café, lifeguards on duty, and sun loungers aplenty. Windsurfing equipment and kayaks may be rented here as well.
- Ferrari World –Ferrari World is one of the most intriguing branded theme parks that you will ever come across. From the Flying Aces rollercoaster and Junior GT track for children, to a mind-boggling collection of Ferrari cars going all the way back to 1947, this attraction will bowl you over. You will appreciate taking the Ferrari factory tour and enjoying the Ferrari knowledge game.
- Yas Island – Yas Island and Beach is a fabulous destination for a relaxing holiday with family members and friends. There are great restaurants and cafes dotting the zone along with on-site kiosks for food, a big swimming pool zone with rentable cabanas and of course, multiple loungers and lounging zones. You can enjoy various watersports activities here including kayaking.
Places to Eat in Abu Dhabi
Some of the best restaurants of Abu Dhabi are The Pool Deck, Glow - Poolside Sports Bar, Cabana Beach Bar & Grill, Catch at St. Regis, Olea, best for the Mediterranean and European cuisine, ‘The Terrace On The Corniche’ for contemporary dishes, Dine, The Grill, Brick Rooftop Kitchen & Bar, Jones The Grocer, and Pool Bar & Restaurant.
Street Food in Abu Dhabi
Street foods in Abu Dhabi are a real treat to tourists. Some of them are: Madrooba made with “Maleh” or salt-cured fish with Emirati sauces, Samboosa - triangle-shaped fried pastries with different stuffing, Harees - a porridge made of meat, wheat, and salt, and Shawarma. You can also try their special stew- Fareed, Manakkish - an Emirati Pizza, Luqaimat - a popular Emirati dessert, Shish Tawouk Sandwich, and Chips Oman Roll.
Shopping in Abu Dhabi
Abu Dhabi is a great shopping destination for international tourists for its unique boutique works, Persian rugs, and lots more. Some of the shopping hubs of Abu Dhabi are Abu Dhabi Mall, Yas Marina Mall, Avenue at Etihad, Paris Avenue, The Galleria, Souk Central Market, Carpet Souk, MadinatZayed Gold Center, Iranian Souk, and Women's Handicraft Centre.
Transportation in Abu Dhabi
Abu Dhabi has a vast network of public transportation throughout the city. One can enjoy the Abra Water hopping service, take intercity buses, or travel around the city by local buses.
Anyone willing to enjoy cycling can enrol themselves for the Cyakle bike-share scheme with a bit of charge per day. There are e-scooters available for you to take a ride across beautiful tourist destinations. You can also hail a taxi to visit remote parts of the city.
Uber, U-Drive, Careem, and Onak are ride-hailing service apps available for individuals to book a ride and enjoy their day.
The Abu Dhabi international airport (AUH) is the second busiest airport in the UAE. More than 23 million travelers visit the airport every year.
Weather in Abu Dhabi
Abu Dhabi has a hot desert climate. The temperature is exceptionally high with intermittent sandstorms from June to September. November to March are the winter months with dense fog and moderate rain.