Facts about Minhang
Minhang District is a suburban area in Shanghai. It comprises the Jiangchuan Road Sub-district and Wujing. The nearby Shanghai County is also a part of the area. Here are some interesting facts about Minhang:
- The area is residential, with a few factories.
- The Qizhong Forest Sports City Arena is popular here.
- The nearby Aerospace Museum is another attraction.
- Minhang is home to two big campuses. They are the East China Normal University and Shanghai Jiao Tong University.
- Yonghe King, the fast food brand, has its headquarters here. The same holds true for milk brand Want Want China.
- Minhang is home to several international schools. The British International School and Nord Anglia Chinese International School are popular here.
- Qibao is a tourist landmark here along with Maqiao. The latter was host to the Shanghai ATP Masters tennis competition.
- Minhang is home to vintage buildings galore. The Shanghai International Jewellery Centre is a key draw here.
- Local snacks here include Qibao Wine, Haitang Cake and Qibao Party-cream.
- The Minhang Sports Park is Shanghai’s first to get humanized ecological environments. It has a storm water park, activity centre and gymnasium. A golf course, fitness room and playground round off things.
- The Maqiao Ruins are big draws for tourists. They showcase remnants from the Neolithic Liangzhu cultures. They date back to the Bronze Age according to historians.
Weather in Minhang
Minhang has hot and wet summers. It remains cloudy and stifling in summer. Winters are chilly, cloudy and windy. The temperatures range between 34 and 91 degrees Fahrenheit year-round. The lowest threshold is 26 degrees Fahrenheit. The highest is 97 degrees Fahrenheit. The best time to visit is mid-September to mid-October.