Serviced Apartments Southbank
Top Accommodation in Southbank Melbourne
A small suburb on the southern bank of Yarra River, Southbank is a popular cultural and tourist destination. This place is home to tourist attractions like the National Gallery of Victoria, Art Center Melbourne, and many more.
If you are planning to travel to the metropolis for work or leisure, our serviced apartments in Southbank would be a perfect choice. Finest restaurants, craft beer, shopping complexes, and music concerts; you can enjoy it all while staying at our serviced apartments in Melbourne. Keeping the posh and culturally rich neighborhood in mind, these apartments are elegantly designed with all luxurious amenities.
Some of Our Top Serviced Apartments in Southbank, Melbourne
- Coventry Street Apartments, Melbourne CBD
- Southbank Power Street Residences
- Freshwater Place Apartments, Southbank
- City Road Southbank Serviced Apartments
Each apartments in Southbank, Melbourne is equipped with all facilities amenities that any traveler need while traveling to a new city. From an equipped kitchen to a comfy sofa and a flat-screen TV there is so much more in these serviced apartments to enjoy the stay. There is a cozy bedroom to rest after a long day and a high-speed WiFi connection to continue your work.
Corporate Apartments in Southbank, Melbourne
Melbourne is an industrial hub and almost all big companies have their offices here. When you are traveling for work or visiting Melbourne for any meetings or events, our corporate apartments in Southbank will be perfect for your stay.
All of these corporate housing in Melbourne are situated close to prime locations yet away from the hustle-bustle of the sydney CBD. You can easily commute to work using any public transport while you enjoy a peaceful stay.
There are separate bedrooms with attached bathrooms and a spacious living and dining area if you are traveling with your colleagues. You can access high-speed WiFi connectivity and continue work from home in the separate desk area or brainstorm new ideas with your team.
Holiday Apartments in Southbank
Vacation with friends and family has to be worry-free, comfortable, and enjoyable. While you stay at our fully furnished holiday apartments in Southbank, you get to enjoy everything from a cozy bedroom to a fully equipped kitchen and much more.
Southbank is a neighborhood filled with excitement like shopping, pubbing, and live music concerts. Located close to all of these, you just need to step out to enjoy everything the city has to offer and also search for more holiday apartments.
Where to Stay in Southbank
While Southbank is a small suburb in Melbourne, there is so much this peaceful little neighborhood has to offer. Southbank Promenade, starting from Southgate shopping and dining complex to Queensbridge Square, is one of the most happening places in the city.
You can also stay close to the tourist attractions like Melbourne Art Center, Hammer Hall, and Melbourne Gallery of Victoria. However, all our accommodation in Southbank, Melbourne are well connected to public transport, so traveling is never an issue.
per night onwards
3 Nights Min stay
per night onwards
3 Nights Min stay
per night onwards
3 Nights Min stay
per night onwards
3 Nights Min stay
Facts about Southbank in Melbourne
Before European settlement, the area now called Southbank was a low lying swamp area inhabited by Aboriginal tribes. Until the 1990s, Southbank was an industrial area that was just a part of the locality of South Melbourne.
Today Southbank has transformed into one of the most densely populated suburbs. With high-rise office buildings and home to many big names, Southbank is a hub for corporate and a primary business center in Greater Melbourne. It is also home to Australia's tallest tower, the Australia 108.
Cost of Living in Southbank, Melbourne
Being one of the most popular tourist and business destinations, Melbourne is not at all cheap. However, Southbank started gaining popularity in the 1990s. Hence, compared to CBD, this suburb is quite affordable in terms of real estate. The median unit price in Southbank in 2020 was AU$580,000.
Southbank has converted into an upscale neighborhood in Melbourne, so staying here might feel a little expensive to a lot of tourists. While consumer prices in Melbourne are approximately 16% lower than in New York and 19% lower than in London.
Tips for Visiting in Southbank
While traveling to a new city is always exciting, it is always useful to know a bit about the place and how you can save some bucks. If you are traveling on a budget or for a long duration, these tips might help you to save some money when you visit Melbourne:
- Eating out might be expensive in Southbank as the place has some of Australia’s finest restaurants. You can cook your meal in that case as our serviced apartments in Southbank comes with a fully equipped kitchen.
- Use the free City Circle Tram while you visiting the tourist attractions nearby. You can hop on hop off and walk a bit to reach your destination. A city map will be handy in that case.
- If you have to travel to CBD regularly, avoid the public transport and walk as it’s located on the opposite bank of the river. Within Southbank also, you can easily walk around as it is a small area.
- There are free walking tours available to understand the culture and history of the city.
Things to Do in Southbank
Southbank is Melbourne’s premier tourist destination. There is so much while staying at our apartments that you will never get bored.
Q1. What are the most popular things to do in Southbank?
Here are a few popular things to do in Southbank
- Climb up to the Eureka Skydeck 88
- Visit Melbourne Recital Centre
- Visit Crown Melbourne
- Explore the National Gallery of Victoria
- Go for Melbourne River Cruises
- Spend your evenings at Southgate
- Visit the Arts Centre Melbourne
- Explore the Australian Centre for Contemporary Art
Q2. What are some free things to do near Southbank?
Here are some of the free things to do near Southbank:
- Explore the vibrant street art
- Visit the Queen Victoria market
- Explore art galleries like Australian Centre for Contemporary Art (ACCA), NGV International National Gallery Victoria, and Anna Schwartz Gallery
- Visit museums like The Centre for Contemporary Photography, The Royal Australian Air Force Museum, The Koorie Heritage Centre, and Heide Museum of Modern Art
- Visit Flinders Street Station
- Explore the State Library of Victoria
- Check out the Federation Square
- Visit the Shrine of Remembrance
Q3. What are the most family-friendly things to do near Southbank?
If you are traveling with your family, especially kids, here are a few suggested things to do near Southbank:
- Explore the Sea Life Melbourne Aquarium
- Have a fun time at IceBar Melbourne
- Enjoy at Playtime Crown Casino
- Experience flying an aircraft at Flight Experience Melbourne
- Go for comedy shows Hawthorn's Lido Cinemas, Comedy at Spleen, and many others
Places to Visit in Southbank
Southbank is the cultural hub of Melbourne. From famous art galleries and museums to elegant dine-in and craft beer, live music to the best shopping experience, this place has it all. Here are the top tourist places to visit in Southbank, Melbourne:
- National Gallery of Victoria - Australia’s oldest and most visited art museum, the National Gallery of Victoria is a must-visit. Founded in 1861, this museum is visited by millions of tourists every year. Showcasing more than 70,000 pieces of art this is the biggest art museum in Australia as well.
- Melbourne Arts Centre - Originally known as the Victorian Arts Centre, this is a performing arts center quite popular among art and culture lovers. Consisting of a complex of theatres and concert halls in the Melbourne Arts Precinct, this place is also known as Art Center among locals.
- Melbourne Recital Centre - An excellent place for music lovers, Melbourne Recital Centre is an award-winning building. Regular music performances happen here including classical, jazz, cabaret, rock, and world music.
- Malthouse Theatre - An old brewery converted to a vibrant performing arts venue, this place organizes contemporary drama and dance events on regular basis.
- Australian Centre for Contemporary Art - This is one of Australia’s flagship contemporary art spaces. Displaying exhibitions from both national and international artists, this place has free entry.
- Crown Melbourne - From casino to cinema, spa to bowling, live theatre to concerts, nightclubs and bars to finest restaurants, this place has everything. This is the largest casino complex in the southern hemisphere and one of the popular places among tourists to enjoy their weekends.
- Eureka Tower - This is the second tallest building in Australia. This 975ft tall tower has an observation deck on the 88th floor which is a must-visit. You will get a panoramic view of the city from here.
Places to Eat in Southbank
The best food Melbourne has to offer can be experienced at Southbank. This place is a mecca for food lovers with celebrity chefs opening up restaurants there. From global to local, you can enjoy all types of cuisine if you are planning to stay at Southbank. Some of the best restaurants in Southbank, Melbourne are:
- Rockpool Bar & Grill
- Spice Temple
- Coventry Pantry
- The Merrywell Melbourne
- The Atlantic
- Red Emperor
- Nobu Melbourne
- Gradi Crown
- Rosetta Melbourne
Street Food in Southbank
Southbank is known for its finest restaurants in entire Australia, however, there are multiple affordable food options available here. A few of them are:
- Southside cafe
- ACCA Cafe
- Boost Juice
- Upstanding Citizens
- 30 ML
Shopping in Southbank
The best shopping spree during your trip to Melbourne can be experienced at Southgate, Southbank. It provides an excellent mix of everything the city has to offer. From fashion to home and furnishing to souvenirs, you will find a diverse range of products here. There are well-known brands, boutiques, and exclusive shops where you will find unique things to take back with you.
Transportation in Southbank
Melbourne has a well-connected public transport system of train, bus, and trams. However, if you are staying in our serviced apartments in Southbank, traveling will be easy and quick. Just opposite the river, Southbank is minutes away from CBD and can be traveled by walk. You can also go for public transport to travel to CBD or anywhere around the city. If you are traveling near the CBD, opt for the free tram facility to explore the surroundings.
Weather in Southbank
Melbourne is known for its unpredictable weather. However, you can visit the city anytime during the year. The average temperature in summer varies between 14°C to 25°C. During January and February, the weather is dry and the temperature might go up to 30°C. During the winter months (June to August) the average temperate is 6.5 - 14°C.
The best time to visit Melbourne is Autumn and Spring as the temperature lies between 10°C to 20°C and 9°C to 19°C respectively. However, no matter when you are planning to visit Southbank, Melbourne, make sure you are carrying an umbrella as it can rain anytime.