Accommodation near Trafford General Hospital Manchester
Accommodation Near Trafford General Hospital
About Trafford General Hospital
Known as ‘the birth place of the NHS’, Trafford General Hospital was opened in 1948 by Aneurin Bevan as the first ever NHS hospital. Having recently converted its A&E department into an Urgent Care Centre, the hospital provides treatments for adults and children requiring care for a condition or injury that is not life-threatening. Staffed by a highly-skilled team of Accident and Emergency doctors and nurses, the Urgent Care Centre is open daily from 8am to 8pm, and treats everything from minor injuries and illnesses to suspected fractures and wounds. Serving Manchester and the wider area, Trafford General Hospital is a fantastic health institution that guarantees the highest standard of treatment to all who come into its care.
Address: Moorside Road, Davyhulme, Manchester, M41 5SL
Getting to Trafford General Hospital
With great links to the M60 motorway, Trafford General Hospital can be easily reached by those with access to their own vehicle. The main site lies in Davyhulme, a little outside of Manchester city centre, but there are a number of useful rail links locally visitors can use. Among the various means of travelling to Trafford General, there also includes:
- Bus – At least eight regular bus services run through Trafford and Davyhulme, each stopping on Moorside Road outside the hospital’s main site. These include the 247, 268, 277 and X58, and travellers are advised to check the local timetable for journey times.
- Train – The closest rail stations to the hospital are Urmston and Chassen Road, both around a mile away. From these locations, the hospital can be reached in ten minutes on foot, or five minutes by bike.
- Car – Not only is Trafford General easy to reach by car, but the hospital also provides three hours’ free parking for patients and visitors. There are also bike racks located outside the entrance for those planning to cycle.
- Park & Ride – The Trafford General Hospital shuttle bus runs from 10:30am to 3pm five days a week, and runs between the hospital main entrance and the Oxford Road Campus (returning approximately every hour). Fares cost £1, but rides are free for any with a valid MFT ID badge.
Top Trending Serviced Apartments Near Trafford General Hospital
Serviced accommodation from TheSqua.re constitutes ideal living spaces for patients and emergency medical workers alike. Close to the main site of Trafford General Hospital, these luxury apartments are able to work around changing appointment times or hectic schedules, providing a cosy and comfortable home away from home in moments of need. Whether a hospital worker, patient or family of a patient, TheSqua.re’s extensive portfolio is here to provide reliable customer service night or day, along with the right living space for the occasion.
Some of our top apartments near Trafford General Hospital include:
- Hilltop Serviced Apartments.
- The Halo.
- Red BaSe Suites.
- Dreamstay Greengate.
- Red Ba Skyline Apartments.
- Staycity Manchester Piccadilly.
- Hyatt House Manchester.
- La Reserve Aparthotel Manchester.
- City Suites Chapel Street.
- Roomzzz Manchester Corn Exchange.
Each and every emergency serviced apartment from TheSqua.re comes fully furnished with all the amenities of home. Flatscreen TVs, fitted kitchens, high-speed Wi-Fi and plush, comfortable interiors makes these temporary accommodation options into veritable homes from home, allowing guests the freedom to come and go as they please, while making the most of their leisure time.
Cost of Accommodation Near Trafford General Hospital
Urgent or emergency accommodation in Manchester can naturally vary in price depending on location, season, and whether a short term or extended term stay is sought. Though there may be special rates granted to medical workers or patients, the price of a one-bedroom apartment in the city centre can range from £80 to £200 per night depending on facilities, while a one-bedroom apartment towards the suburbs may be anywhere from £40 to £100 per night. With this in mind, serviced apartments from TheSqua.re are an excellent solution to any accommodation woes, guaranteeing the best possible rate so that residents can rest easy and focus on the things that matter more.
Things to See and Do Near Trafford General Hospital
Close to the official stadium of Manchester United, as well as Old Trafford Cricket Ground, there is plenty to see and do in the area around Trafford General Hospital. Ideal retreats for those seeking a brief respite or change in scenery, here are some of the most popular sights and attractions close to the health centre:
- Old Trafford Cricket Ground.
- Inflata Nation Inflatable Theme Park.
- Manchester United Museum.
- Chill Factore Indoor Snow Centre.
- Science & Industry Museum.
- Ordsall Hall.
- The Quays.
- Manchester Museum.
- National Football Museum.
- Davyhulme Park Golf Club.
All our properties have been verified by experienced property managers.
Can't find what you are looking for?
We have a number of other properties not yet listed on the site.