< Back to all posts

Visit Hong Kong Disneyland in summers

J

Disneyland in Hong Kong or California, which one is better? Looking forward for your answers. Cheers!

4 answers
F
upvote    0   

Hi, this is a great question. Disneyland is one of the best places to take kids out for a field day among their favorite Disney Characters. The Hong Kong Disneyland is a copy of the original Anaheim one in California. It was announced some time in January 2018 that some changes will be done in the existing facade.

M
upvote    0   

Yes, there have been fresh changes at the Hong Kong Disneyland. The Sleeping Beauty castle was closed in January 2018. The castle is being redesigned and the Disney guys have planned to adopt new architectural tones for the structure. The design will be such which pays tribute to some of the lovely Disney Princesses like Cinderella, Snow White, Pocahontas, Belle, Moana, Rapunzel and many more. It is scheduled to open in 2019.  

E
upvote    0   

There is a lot of difference in the attractions at the Disneylands of CA and HK.

A simple bulleted list here will be helpful as that’s what the kids would like to know I guess:

Attractions in Hong Kong’s Disneyland

• The Adventureland: it has a lot of great exciting options to choose from. The Jungle River Cruise is a great adventure experience for kids, the Liki Tikis water rides, and the Tarzan’s Treehouse are great too.
  • Fantasyland adventures: these include a trip into the Fairy Tale Forest, Cinderella Carousel rides, Fantasy Gardens, and the Many Adventures of Winnie The Pooh.

Attractions in California’s Disneyland

Some of my favorite adventures here are:

• Joy Rides and Thrill rides: The are a good number of rides here. The best ones are the Princess Dot Puddle adventures, Guardians of the Galaxy: Mission ‘Breakout’, the Little Mermaid: Ariel’s Undersea adventure, Mr. Toad’s Wild ride, Pinocchio's Daring Journey, and Monster’s Inc: Mike and Sulley to the Rescue.
  • Fantasyland Adventures: Alice in Wonderland, Animation Academy, The Bakery Tour, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad and the Casey Junior Circus Train are great options.

Some trademark attractions are common at both the places. The Animation Academy, the Disney Railroad, and Dumbo the Flying Elephant are same.

The variety of joy rides for kids is different at both the places, which is rather nice. As it breaks the monotony for those who have visited both the places.

I hope this breakdown of information will help you.

D
upvote    0   

Hey! I guess most of the points have been covered in the answers above. The ticket prices at HK Disneyland are higher than that at the California one. For a general admission in HK Disneyland you could be charged HK$ 589 which is 70 USD approx., while the price of a  child’s ticket is HK$ 418.

The Disneyland in California has seasonal pricing variations as per the number of visitors in a particular month. Depending on the number of people visiting, the cost of an adult ticket could range from $95$ to $117 for different months.  

Login/Sign up to comment here.
< Back to all posts