forum

Engage with our community, ask questions and share tips

back    Back to all posts
R

Reuben

|   

Hello I am new to forum! I am arriving in Hong Kong at the end of this month for an art exhibition that I am working on. Since it would involve a lot of travelling around the city for me, I wanted to know the most preferred and which won’t cost me a bomb. This would be a great help! Thank you everyone.

1 answer
F

Fiona    |   

Best Answer 1       Hi Reuben, I prefer to go for MTR, this is the most convenient and cheapest way to roam around in Hong Kong. Also, I suggest you to opt for Octopus card till the time you are there. This is an extremely versatile stored-value electronic card that can be used for most public transport, as well as purchases in convenience stores, fast food shops, supermarkets, cake shops, vending machines and more.Simply place the Octopus card over a reader and the payment amount will be automatically deducted from the stored value. The best types for visitors include Sold Tourist Octopus card at HK$39 and On-loan Octopus card with a refundable deposit of HK$50. The Sold Tourist Octopus card has an iconic Hong Kong design, making it an ideal souvenir that can be used again when you come back. A refund handling fee will be charged if you return the On-loan Octopus less than 90 days from the date of issue.
Login/Sign up to comment here.
Schedule a call back in your preferred language with our reservations team.
callback