Accommodation near Withington Community Hospital Manchester
Accommodation Near Withington Community Hospital
About Withington Community Hospital
Located in South Manchester, Withington Community Hospital provides day surgery, community services, and specialist care to patients requiring diagnostic treatment. Comprising the main hospital, Buccleuch Lodge and Dermott Murphy Centre, Withington was once the largest teaching hospital in Europe due to its affiliation with the University of Manchester. Rebuilt as a treatment in diagnostic centre in 1980, the current hospital was opened by Princess Anne in September 2005, and treats around 155,000 patients every year. These days, Withington’s main specialisms include Dermatology, Urology, Audiology, ENT and Therapies, and around 350 full time staff work on site to ensure the highest standard of treatment to patients from Manchester and the wider area.
Address: Nell Ln, West Didsbury, Manchester M20 2LR
Getting to Withington Community Hospital
Withington Community Hospital is located on Nell Lane in West Didsbury and can be easily accessed by foot, bike, road and public transport. Close to the M60 and Princess Parkway, journeys from Manchester City Centre take around twenty minutes by car, and there is plenty of on-site parking for patients and visitors. For those who do not have access to their own vehicle, there are a number of other transport options, including:
- Bus – There are a number of regular bus routes that run between the city centre and West Didsbury, where the hospital is located, including the 43, 111, 102 and 103. Travellers are advised to check the local timetable for journey times, but most services take around half an hour to arrive.
- Train – The closest rail stations to the hospital are Burnage and Mauldeth Road, both around two miles away. From these locations, the hospital can be reached in around thirty minutes on foot, or fifteen minutes by bike, and there are public bike storage facilities located adjacent to the staff car parking area for those who choose the latter.
- Tram – The local Metrolink runs from St. Peter’s Square to Burton Road on the Pink Line, a ten-minute walk from the hospital’s main site.
Top Trending Serviced Apartments Near Withington Community Hospital
Patients and emergency medical workers alike will find serviced accommodation from TheSqua.re ideal living spaces for their varied needs. Close to the main site of Withington Community Hospital, these flexible living spaces can accommodate both changing appointment times and hectic work schedules, acting as cosy and comfortable homes away from home in moments of need. Whatever the reason for staying, TheSqua.re’s extensive portfolio can provide reliable customer service and appropriate accommodation for the occasion, allowing guests to better focus on the things that matter more.
Some of our top apartments near Withington Community Hospital include:
- Hilltop Serviced Apartments.
- The Halo.
- Red BaSe Suites.
- Dreamstay Greengate.
- Red Ba Skyline Apartments.
- Staycity Manchester Piccadilly.
- Hyatt House Manchester.
- La Reserve Aparthotel Manchester.
- City Suites Chapel Street.
- Roomzzz Manchester Corn Exchange.
Every emergency serviced apartment from TheSqua.re comes fully furnished with all the furnishings and amenities one could require for any length of stay. Fitted kitchens, flatscreen TVs, high-speed Wi-Fi and plush, comfortable interiors; everything is included in the rental price, allowing guests the freedom to come and go as they please, while making the most out of their precious leisure time.
Cost of Accommodation Near Withington Community Hospital
As to be expected, emergency accommodation in and around Manchester can fluctuate in price depending on location, season and length of stay. The price of a one-bedroom apartment in the city centre can average around £80 to £200 per night to rent depending on facilities, while a similar-sized apartment towards the suburbs may cost anywhere from £40 to £100 per night, though there may be special rates granted to patients or medical workers. With this in mind, serviced apartments from TheSqua.re are an excellent solution to any urgent accommodation woes, guaranteeing the best possible rate and allowing residents to rest easy in their own private living hub.
Things to See and Do Near Withington Community Hospital
A popular destination for tourists, there is plenty to see and do in Manchester and the wider area, with a number of sightseeing hotspots local to Withington Community Hospital. Ideal retreats for those seeking a brief respite or change in scenery, here are some of the most popular sights and attractions in the nearby area:
- Manchester Museum.
- Alexandra Park.
- Ordsall Hall.
- National Football Museum.
- Old Trafford Cricket Ground.
- The Quays.
- Chorlton Water Park.
- The Whitworth.
- Victoria Baths.
- Inflata Nation Inflatable Theme Park.
All our properties have been verified by experienced property managers.
Can't find what you are looking for?
We have a number of other properties not yet listed on the site.